Frank's practice is focused on utility-related regulation and litigation, with an emphasis on matters involving the electricity and telecommunications industries. He also has significant experience in a range of environmental law issues. His work in the utilities industry has included issues involving electricity, telephone, gas and water regulation before the South Carolina Public Service Commission, where he has appeared for 30 years. In the environmental field his experience includes resolving waste and wastewater regulation matters, as well as hazardous waste practice and CERCLA litigation.
Frank represents individuals and entities in disputes involving regulatory and administrative matters, and tries cases through jury trials and appeals. He has considerable experience in class-action litigation involving various industries including life insurance, cable television, replacement glass, securities and forest resources.
- South Carolina Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina
- University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D. (1982)
- Washington and Lee University, B.A. (1979)
- Richland County Bar Association
HONORS & AWARDS
- Best Lawyers in America - Administrative/Regulatory Law (2017-2020), Lawyer of the Year (2017, 2020), Energy Regulatory Law (2013-2020), Litigation-Environmental (2013-2020), Lawyer of the Year (2014, 2018), Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (Telecom, Energy) (2013-2020), Utilities Law (2013-2020)
- Columbia Business Monthly Legal Elite of the Midlands (2019)
- Greater Columbia Chamber of Commerce
- South Carolina Chamber of Commerce