Recognized since 2005
Litigation - Environmental
Frank Merrill is a partner and chair of Bricker & Eckler's Energy, Public Utilities & Environmental law group. His practice focuses on the effect of environmental law on real estate transactions, solid and hazardous waste representation, land use, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act litigation and commercial real estate transactions. He is the environmental counsel for the Ohio Manufacturers' Association.
Frank has successfully obtained and defended through the administrative process operating permits for several solid waste disposal facilities; has successfully defended hazardous waste burning facilities from various regulatory and citizen-group challenges; and counsels hazardous waste disposal facilities and hazardous waste generators on compliance with RCRA, TSCA, Clean Water Act and Clean Air Act. In addition, he counsels real estate developers and private property owners on wetlands issues and regulatory takings claims.
Contact & Links
- 100 South Third Street
Columbus, OH 43215-4291
- Dartmouth College, BA, graduated 1981
- American Bar Association; Ohio State Bar Associationl Columbus Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Environmental, Columbus, OH (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Environmental
- •Recognized, ChambersUSA, Natural Resources & Environment with a Band 2 ranking, 2012-2016; Band 3 ranking, 2008-2011
- •Rated as BV Distinguished by Martindale-Hubbell
- •Named, Ohio Super Lawyers, 2008-2009
"Frank Merrill is extremely knowledgeable. He acts and operates like a member of our leadership team to provide valuable strategic and practical advice. We recommend him highly."
- Lauren Toretta (CH4 Biogas)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.