Frank J. Turner
Recognized in:Corporate LawMergers & Acquisitions Law
Law School:University of Toronto
Location:TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500450 First Street, SWCalgary, AB T2P 5H1
- University of Toronto, BA
- University of Victoria, LL.B
- Alberta, Law Society of Alberta
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Law Society of Alberta - Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada - Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- Lead counsel to Fording in connection with “The Financial Times/Mergermarket M&A Americas Awards - M&A Deal of the Year – Canada” in 2008 (Fording Canadian Coal Trust’s $14.1 billion sale to Teck Cominco Limited)
- Listed as a “Leading Lawyer” in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions and Financial Services/Regulatory by the International Financial Law Review 1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
- Ranked as one of Canada’s leading Corporate lawyers in the corporate mid-market by The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
- Named as a “Leading Canadian Lawyer in Global Mining”, in Lexpert’s Special Edition on Mining, December
- Named as a leading energy lawyer in Lexpert’s Canada’s Leading Energy Lawyers.
- Microsoft, as Canadian counsel on its €5.4 billion acquisition of Nokia Corporation’s devices and services business.
- Blue Ant Media on its acquisition of the Polaris Music Prize Inc., the sponsor of the Polaris music prize.
- URS Corporation on its $1.5 billion acquisition of Flint Energy Services Ltd.
- Thule Group of Sweden on its acquisition of Chariot Carriers.
- Microsoft Corporation on its acquisition of Inception Mobile Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation on its acquisition of InCycle Software.
- China Investment Corporation on its $1.26 billion investment in PennWest Energy.
- Korea Investment Corporation on its strategic investment in Laricina Energy.
- Mongolia Minerals Corporation, based in Canada and operating principally in Mongolia and China,on its $160 million acquisition of joint venture interests and various other acquisitions, dispositions and financing activities as well as on governance matters; since 2009.
- Golden Crescent Investments Ltd., an affiliate of Egyptian-based Citadel Capital, on its proposed sale of National Petroleum Egypt Company Limited to Sea Dragon Energy Inc.
- Eastern Petroleum Limited and Spud Energy Pty. Limited (affiliates of Pakistani-based JS Group) in the reverse take-over of Jura Energy Corporation.
- Bukit Energy Inc., based in Singapore and operating principally in Indonesia, in connection with various M&A, financing and governance matters; since 2012.
- Korea Investment Corporation on its strategic investment in Osum Oil Sands.
- Buried Hill Energy, based in the U.K. and operating principally in Turkmenistan and The Gambia, on various M&A, financing and governance matters; since 2007.
- Citadel Capital andits portfolio company, National Oil Production CompanyS.A.E., based in Egypt, on the acquisition of Rally Energy and on various other projects and corporate and commercial matters; since 2007.
- Dana Gas PJSC, based in the United Arab Emirates, on its acquisition of Centurian Energy International Inc.
- Killick Capital Inc. and its portfolio company, Avatas Aerospace, on a strategic investment by Alaris Royalty Corp. and on acquisitions and various other corporate, governance and commercial matters; since 2007.
- Black Gold Energy LLC, headquartered in Delaware and operating principally in Indonesia, on its acquisition by Niko Resources.
- Tristone Capital Global Inc. on its acquisition by Australian-based Macquarie Group.
- Fording Canadian Coal Trust on its $14 billion acquisition by Teck Cominco, the largest M&A transaction undertaken in Canada in 2008 and the Financial Times/Mergermarket Canadian M&A Deal of the Year.
- MicrosoftCorporation in connection with substantially all of its Canadian M&A activities including its acquisition of Opalis, Alacris, GeoTango, 90 Degree Software, AssetMetrix, DeepMetrix, Geodyssey and BigPark, its acquisition ofthe assets of Encore Business Solutions and Dundas Data Visualization, its disposition of assets to Greenfield Online, its strategic alliance with Ericsson and various other Canadian M&A activities; since 1999.
- The Gap, Inc. and Old Navy (Canada) Inc. in connection with a variety of Canadian governance, corporate and commercial matters; since 1998.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018