- representing an individual sued in state and federal courts in New York and in Delaware Chancery Court for securities fraud and related claims arising out of AIG’s alleged accounting fraud;
- defending a title insurance company in a class action alleging the use of unauthorized title agents, resulting in the diversion of commissions from authorized agents;
- representing a hedge fund sued in state and federal courts for investing members’ money with an entity that was later learned to be operating a multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme;
- acting as an expert witness regarding the standard of care in a legal malpractice case, and regarding the reasonableness of attorneys' hourly rates sought on fee applications; and
- appointments to serve as a Special Master to resolve a discovery dispute in a federal court case in Connecticut and as counsel to hospital medical staff committees conducting peer review hearings.
In October 2012, the Judges of the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut selected Frank as the recipient of the Raymond B. Green Award in recognition of outstanding service to the District’s Grievance Committee, on which he served from 2005 through 2010. Frank also served, by appointment of the Court’s Chief Judge, as a member of the District’s Civil Justice Advisory Group from 1996 through 2000.
He co-chaired the Connecticut Bar Association's Federal Practice Section from 2004 to 2006, having chaired the Section's Civil Practice and Local Rules Committee from 2002 to 2004. Frank is also a member of the American Bar Association's Section of Litigation and the American Health Lawyers Association. He was a member of the Connecticut Bar Association's Task Force on Confidentiality and the Courts from 2004 to 2007.
Frank is a summa cum laude graduate of Georgetown University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. After serving on active duty in the United States Navy for three years, he received his J.D. degree from Yale University. He served as law clerk to the Honorable J. Joseph Smith, United States Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.