Recognized since 2012
Dirk Murchison is Board Certified in Civil Trial Law & Personal Injury Trial Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is licensed in New Mexico and Texas.
Frank E. “Dirk” Murchison earned his BBA in Finance from Texas Tech University in 1971 and his J.D. from Texas Tech University School of Law in 1974. From 1974 to 2001, he tried over 125 cases to jury verdict as lead counsel. Since 2001 his practice has been limited to arbitration and mediation with emphasis on catastrophic personal injury, complex commercial and sexual abuse cases. In 2015 – 2016 Dirk Murchison successfully mediated the highly publicized Gallup NM – AZ Catholic Diocese sexual abuse case (156 claimants). In his career he has mediated or arbitrated over 1300 cases, including over 300 clergy sexual abuse claims successfully mediated.
P.O. Box 98600
Lubbock, TX. 79499
New Mexico Office:
P.O. Box 700
Taos, NM 87571
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://murchisonlaw.org
- 1601 Banger Avenue
Lubbock, TX 79499
- Texas Tech University , J.D., graduated 1974
- Texas Tech University, BBA - Finance, graduated 1971
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Diplomate
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Mediation, Lubbock (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Texas Super Lawyer (Arbitration, Mediation)
- Board Certified Civil Trial Law and Personal Injury Trial Law Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Named 2012 Lawyer of the Year (ADR) Best Lawyers in America
- Southwest Super Lawyers (Arbitration, Mediation)
- U.S. News & World Report - Best Law Firms - Tier One Rating
Arbitration, Mediation and Litigation ExperiencePractice limited to Arbitration and Mediation of serious personal injury, complex commercial, employment and sexual abuse cases. In his career he has mediated or arbitrated over 1300 cases, including over 300 clergy sexual abuse claims successfully mediated. 1974-2001 over 125 cases tried to jury verdict as lead council.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.