Recognized since 2007
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Patent
Frank’s practice focuses on intellectual property litigation. Frank has successfully tried patent, trademark, trade secret and copyright cases in Federal Courts nationwide, the Courts of Appeals for the Sixth and Federal Circuits, and the International Trade Commission. As a registered patent attorney, Frank is authorized to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Frank has been lead counsel for a wide variety of clients, from individuals to major corporations, in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters. His litigation experience spans across various technologies and industries including, automotive, consumer electronics, industrial technologies, food and beverage, and home appliances.
Frank is also the Co-Chair of Brooks Kushman’s Post Grant Proceedings practice. He works with clients to challenge or defend patents via the new administrative trial procedures created under the America Invents Act (AIA). In addition to counseling clients, he has been a vital component to developing Brooks Kushman’s Post Grant Proceedings practice by mentoring and training other attorneys.
Frank also serves on the Board of Directors for Challenge Detroit, a revitalization effort designed to attract and retain new talent into the City of Detroit.
Contact & Links
- 1000 Town Center, 22nd Floor
Southfield, MI 48075
- University of Chicago , J.D., graduated 1991
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- United States Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trademark Law, Detroit (2022)
- Litigation - Patent, Detroit (2021)
- Patent Law, Detroit (2020)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Detroit (2018)
- Litigation - Patent, Detroit (2017)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Detroit (2016)
- Litigation - Patent, Detroit (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Founding President, Michigan Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- President, State Bar Intellectual Property Section, 2009-10
- Michigan IP Litigator of the Year 2014; named by Managing IP
Ford Global Technologies, LLC v Keystone Automotive Industries, Inc., et al.Successfully enforced numerous design patents against infringing auto parts
Latentier, LLC v International Paper Co.After multi-year patent litigation, obtained complete victory for defendant.
Great American Restaurant Co. v Domino's Pizza LLC, et al.After multi-year trademark litigation, obtained complete victory for defendant.
Paice LLC v Ford Motor CompanyFiled 25 IPRs for Ford against patent plaintiff asserting patents with hundreds of claims.
IEE v TakataSuccessfully resolved case such that IEE received compensation after Takata initiated patent infringement allegations.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.