Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions / Capital Markets / Banking & Finance Group. His practice focuses on advising international and local clients in mergers and acquisitions, including tender offers, auction processes, acquisitions of companies and assets, negotiated transactions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, securities and debt offerings, derivatives, project financing and development, representing both corporations and financial institutions.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Board of SQM, Votorantim Andina and of Compañía Industrial El Volcán.
- Professor of the LL.M. program, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2010).
- Vice-Chair of the Latin America & Caribbean Committee, Section of International Law, American Bar Association (ABA) (2017-2018 and 2018-2019).
- Member of the Steering Group of the M&A Joint Venture Committee, Section of International Law, ABA (2018-2019).
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Professor of Corporation Planning and M&A, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2009-2012).
- Professor of Business Organization, Universidad del Desarrollo (2009).
- Foreign Associate, Project Development & Finance Group, Shearman & Sterling, New York (2001-2003).
- Author of the Introduction “Legal innovations that foreign investors should be aware of”, ILFR Guide (2014).
- Co-author of “Secured Transactions South of the Border: Chilean Highlights and Recent Developments”, Conference on Consumer Finance Law, Quarterly Report, Vol.66, n°3 y n°4, Oklahoma City University Law School (2012).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in “Essentials of Merger Review”, International Antitrust Committee, American Bar Association (2009).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in “Merger Control Worldwide”, Cambridge University Press (2005).
- Contributor in several legal reforms promoted by the Chilean government and other non-governmental entities, including the NCG 30’s reform by the Insurance and Securities Commission regarding the registration of securities and debt offerings; the new regulation on corporations; the new law that facilitates the registration of a new business and the code for the certification of mining projects that seeks to facilitate the financing and IPO of new and junior mining companies; among others.
- Frequent lecturer on various corporate finance, securities, M&A, private equity and corporate governance topics in seminars and conferences organized by the ABA, Latin Lawyer and the Chilean Bar Association, among others.