Recognized since 2009
Banking and Finance Law
Capital Markets Law
Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice
Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Private Equity Law
Project Finance and Development Practice
Structured Finance Law
Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Corporate / Mergers & Acquisitions / Capital Markets / Banking & Finance Group. His practice focuses on advising international and local clients in mergers and acquisitions, including tender offers, auction processes, acquisitions of companies and assets, negotiated transactions, joint ventures, private equity transactions, securities and debt offerings, derivatives, project financing and development, representing both corporations and financial institutions.
Activities and Memberships
- Member of the Board of SQM, Votorantim Andina and of Compañía Industrial El Volcán.
- Professor of the LL.M. program, Universidad Católica de Chile (since 2010).
- Vice-Chair of the Latin America & Caribbean Committee, Section of International Law, American Bar Association (ABA) (2017-2018 and 2018-2019).
- Member of the Steering Group of the M&A Joint Venture Committee, Section of International Law, ABA (2018-2019).
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Professor of Corporation Planning and M&A, Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez (2009-2012).
- Professor of Business Organization, Universidad del Desarrollo (2009).
- Foreign Associate, Project Development & Finance Group, Shearman & Sterling, New York (2001-2003).
- Author of the Introduction “Legal innovations that foreign investors should be aware of”, ILFR Guide (2014).
- Co-author of “Secured Transactions South of the Border: Chilean Highlights and Recent Developments”, Conference on Consumer Finance Law, Quarterly Report, Vol.66, n°3 y n°4, Oklahoma City University Law School (2012).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in “Essentials of Merger Review”, International Antitrust Committee, American Bar Association (2009).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in “Merger Control Worldwide”, Cambridge University Press (2005).
- Contributor in several legal reforms promoted by the Chilean government and other non-governmental entities, including the NCG 30’s reform by the Insurance and Securities Commission regarding the registration of securities and debt offerings; the new regulation on corporations; the new law that facilitates the registration of a new business and the code for the certification of mining projects that seeks to facilitate the financing and IPO of new and junior mining companies; among others.
- Frequent lecturer on various corporate finance, securities, M&A, private equity and corporate governance topics in seminars and conferences organized by the ABA, Latin Lawyer and the Chilean Bar Association, among others.
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Structured Finance Law, Santiago, Chile (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Chile™ 2022 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Capital Markets Law
- Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice
- Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Private Equity Law
- Project Finance and Development Practice
- Structured Finance Law
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, The Legal 500.
- Recognized as Leading Individual in Corporate and M&A, and in Capital Markets, Chambers Latin America.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A; Banking and Finance; Capital Markets, and in Energy, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Derivatives and in Mergers and Acquisitions, Client Choice Guide (2012, 2014 and 2018).
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, and in Capital Markets, LACCA.
- Ranked as one of the leading corporate lawyers in Chile under the age of 40, Latin Lawyer (2003).
- Recognized in Banking and Finance; Capital Markets; Corporate and M&A and Investment, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Corporate and M&A, Who%u2019s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Banking and Finance and M&A, IFLR1000.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.