Partner of Carey and member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets Groups. His practice focuses on representing local and foreign clients in mergers and acquisitions of companies, asset acquisitions, fund formation, structuring, registration and management of funds, and investment in portfolio companies, private equity and venture capital, joint ventures, corporate governance and securities regulation (for issuers, investors, brokers and other market players.
Activities and Memberships
- Vicepresident, Chilean Venture Capital Association.
- Latin America Group Leader for the Private Equity Group, World Services Group.
- Associate of the International Arbitration Practice Group, White & Case, New York (2010-2011).
- Member of the Private Equity Expert Panel accredited by the English publication “The Law Reviews”.
- Member of the board of Fundación Independízate.
- Member of the board of Aceleradora de Negocios Link, Mujeres Empresarias.
- Professor of Commercial Law, Universidad Católica de Chile (2008).
- Member of the New York State Bar Association.
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter in Private Equity, Getting the Deal Through (2017).
- Co-author of the Chilean chapter of the book “The Private Equity Law Review”, Law Business Research (2012-2016).
- Co-translator to Spanish of the “IBA Guidelines for Drafting International Arbitration Clauses”, International Bar Association (2011).
- Author of the book “Inside Information in the Securities Market”, LexisNexis (2007), and 2nd edition (2009).
- Speaker in the VI Annual Private Equity Conference, Latin Lawyer, New York (2015).
- Speaker in the II Annual M&A Conference, Latin Lawyer, Brazil (2011).
- Lecturer in the Seminar “Investment opportunities – The case of Chile, Peru and Colombia”, Columbia Law School, New York (2011).
- Lecturer in the Seminar “International Practice of Law”, New York University (NYU Stern School of Business), New York (2011).