Recognized since 2016
Information Technology Law
Intellectual Property Law
Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm´s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. His practice focuses on trademark and patent procedures and prosecution; licensing, distribution and franchise agreements; and anti-counterfeiting.
Activities and Memberships
- Chair of the Alliances Subcommittee of the Brands Restrictions Committee and member of the Global Advisory Council (2022-2023); former Chair of the Anticounterfeiting Committee, Latin America and Caribbean Subcommittee (2016-2018), International Trademark Association (INTA).
- Current member and former member of the board, Chilean Industrial Property Association (ACHIPI) (2017-2020).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Member of Marques.Member of the International Federation of Intellectual Property Attorneys (FICPI).
- Member of the Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI).
- Foreign associate, Lexis Nexis (2006-2007).
- Author of the Chilean chapter in "Legal Updates on Trademark Law in Latin America", Wolters Kluwer (2018).
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.carey.cl/en/resume/francisco-carey/
- Isidora Goyenechea 2800, Piso 43
- Chile, Bar Association of Chile
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Chile™ 2023 for work in:
- Information Technology Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Recognized as a WIPR Leader, World IP Review (2020).
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Latin Lawyer 250.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property and in Information Techonoly Law, Best Lawyers.
- Recognized in Trademark, Who’s Who Legal.
- Recognized in Patents, IAM Patent.
- Recognized as Best Individual Lawyer in Intellectual Property: Trademarks, Client Choice Guide (2014 and 2015).
- Recognized as IP Star, Managing Intellectual Property.
- Recognized in Intellectual Property, Chambers Latin America.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.