Frances H. "Fran" Krasnow
Recognized since 2008
Frances H. Krasnow is a highly respected family lawyer who has long been a leader in the Chicago community. Fran is an experienced trial attorney, arbitrator, and powerful advocate who frequently engages in mediation. Fran is a compassionate and resourceful attorney whose practice encompasses all areas of complex family law, including divorce, marital dissolutions, child custody, allocation of parental responsibility, maintenance and child support, relocation, and asset identification and division. Fran also has extensive experience with prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Because Harrison & Held also provides depth in multiple related practice areas, Fran’s clients get the benefit of sophisticated estate planners, as well as real estate, tax and transactional advice when needed.
With a strong commitment to community service, Fran has served on nonprofit boards throughout her entire legal career. She is currently Chairman of the Board of the nine-state Anti-Defamation League Midwest Region. Fran also serves on the board of her alma mater, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, as well as the Chicago Appleseed Center for Fair Courts. She is also on the board of a Wintrust subsidiary.
Fran has received many peer-selected awards, including recently being chosen as a 2022 Top Woman in the Law by Chicago Lawyer magazine and the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, recognizing Fran for her professional success and for mentoring and promoting women in the legal profession. Fran has also been selected to Best Lawyers in America in Family Law every year since 2008; she was recognized as a 2022 Illinois Super Lawyer; and she has consistently been selected as a Leading Lawyer, among others. Fran is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. In addition, she received the ADL Woman of Achievement Award and the AFHU Leaders of Distinction Award, acknowledging her professional success and community leadership.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct Phone Number: 312-621-5229
- Lawyer Page: https://harrisonheld.com/professionals-frances-h-krasnow/
- 333 West Wacker Drive, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60606-1247
- Northwestern University
- University of Michigan, University of Michigan, A.B. in Psychology, with High Distinction
- American Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Chicago Council of Lawyers - Member
- Illinois State Bar Association - Member
10 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Best Lawyers in America© in Family Law
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Leading Lawyers’ Network
- Illinois Super Lawyers
- Top 50 Women Consumer Lawyers in Illinois
- ADL Women of Achievement Award
- AFHU Leaders of Distinction Award
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Media Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.