Counsel of Carey’s Intellectual Property and Information Technology Group. His practices areas are focused on intellectual property, infringement of intellectual property rights litigations, licenses, technology transference franchising, distribution and registration processes and invalidation of trademarks, patents and other industrial rights. He has vast experience on advising companies involved in pharmaceutical market (Life Science), on issues regarding the protection and defense of intellectual property assets, as well as regulatory matters concerning the pharmaceutical industry, cosmetics, medical devices and food products.
Activities and Memberships
- Director and Vice President of Licensing Executives Society (LES) Chile.
- Member of the Chilean Intellectual Property Association (ACHIPI).
- Professor of Graduate Program and Master on Law and New Technologies of Universidad de Chile.
- Professor of Graduate Program of Intellectual and Industrial Property, Universidad Finis Terrae.
- Head of the Legal Sub-Department, Chilean Industrial Property Department (1998-2000).
- Member of the Legal Division of the Comptroller General of the Republic (1995-1996).
- Member of the Chilean Bar Association.
- Co-author of The Pharma Legal Handbook: Chile, Pharma Boardroom (2019).
- Frequent lecturer in seminars and conferences in Chile and abroad.