Gómez-Acebo & Pombo, S.L.P.
Recognized since 2008
Banking and Finance Law
Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice
Fernando de las Cuevas Castresana is a Partner at Gómez-Acebo & Pombo. He is the head of the Mergers & Acquisitions Area. He joined Gómez-Acebo & Pombo in 1983 and became a partner in 1990. He was theManaging Partner of Gómez-Acebo & Pombo Abogados from 1998 to 2000.
Fernando received his Master of Law and Bachelor of Business Science from the University of Deusto in 1981 with a Diploma in European Studies. He also has a Diploma in Higher European Studies by the College of Europe, Bruges. He received a Research Scholarship from the EFTA, Geneva and earned his P.I.L. from Harvard Law School in 1990.
Fernando was a foregin associate in Shearman & Sterling from 1985-1986. His specializations are Banking Law, Securities Market Law, Collective Investment Institutions, Mergers and Acquisitions and Family and Private Equity Businesses.
He is affiliated with the Madrid Bar Association, World Securities Law Review Board, IBA, ICA and Circulo de Empresarios. He was a lecturer at the Financial Markets Specialisation Course and at the Masters Degree in Corporate Legal Consulting at the Instituto de Estudios Bursátiles.
Contact & Links
- Paseo de la Castellana, 216
- Spain, Madrid Bar Association
- Circulo de Empresarios - Member
- IBA - Committees E, I, and Q
- ICA - Standards Committee Membership
- World Securities Law Review Board - Legal and Tax Committee
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Spain™ 2022 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Corporate and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Corporate Governance and Compliance Practice
- Insurance Law
- Investment Funds
- Arbitration and Mediation
- The Chambers Global 2016. Corporate and M&A
- IFLR 1000 2017: Leading Lawyer. Banking and M&A
- International Who´s Who of Business Lawyers 2016 (since 2010). Private Funds
- International Who´s Who of Business Lawyers 2016 (since 2010). M&A and Corporate Governance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.