Partner of Carey and co-head of the firm’s Banking and Finance Group. His practice focuses primarily on lending transactions, project financing, structured products and derivative transactions. He also has a vast experience in the area of mergers and acquisitions.
Activities and Memberships
- Professor, Master of Business Law, Universidad de los Andes (2014-2015).
- Foreign Associate, Finance Group, Shearman & Sterling (2005-2006).
- Assistant Professor of Securities Market Law, Universidad de Chile (2004).
- Professor of Introduction to Law, School of Administration, Universidad del Desarrollo (2002).
- Co-author of the article “Mind the Gap: Basel III and its Implementation in Chile”, Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law (2016).
- Author of “Developments in the Financial Markets”, IFLR (2010).
- Author of “Public Offering of Securities”, Diario Estrategia, Chile (2003).
- Author of “Development of Corporate Governance in Chile: Public or Private Role?”, Diario Estrategia, Chile (2003).
- Author of “Ethics, a Sound Business”, Interview, Revista Capital, Chile (2002).
- Author of “Discussion about the Derivative Action in Chile”, Latin Lawyer Online (2001).