Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Recognized since 2009
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Patent
Both in and out of court, Felicia Boyd has extensive experience in complex IP disputes involving patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade dress. A commonsense counselor who is practical, balanced and direct, Felicia distills even the most complex challenges and technologies down to critical points and action items, regardless of her role as an advocate, arbitrator or mediator.
A past co-chair of the firm’s Intellectual Property Department, Felicia’s victories as a litigator have included preliminary injunction motions, summary judgment motions, favorable settlements and jury verdicts at trial. A registered patent attorney, Felicia has represented clients in contested proceedings before various branches of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
Felicia has played a leading role in scores of IP matters, large and small, for multiple clients over decades of practice. Her experience spans a diverse array of industries, including financial and investment services, medical devices, software, music, pharmaceuticals and manufactured goods. Felicia offers clients significant skill in complex case management and the coordination of global discovery efforts. She effectively designs and implements litigation strategy consistent with client objectives. In addition, Felicia advises on Markman strategy, briefing and argument, and the selection and development of all experts.
Notably, Felicia also serves as an arbitrator and mediator. She is a fellow of the CIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators), and is a member of LCIA (The London Court of International Arbitration), ArbitralWomen and the complex commercial litigation panel of the American Arbitration Association. Serving as an arbitrator and mediator is an art that requires experience not only in the law, but also hard-earned people skills and the capacity to see beyond adversity. Felicia is appreciated not only for her intellectual prowess, but also for her objectivity, credibility, tact, perseverance, patience, leadership and ability to create synergy among even the most disparate parties.
Contact & Links
- RBC Plaza, Suite 3100
60 South Sixth Street
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- University of Minnesota, J.D., graduated 1987
- Saint Olaf College, B.A., graduated 1984
- Minnesota, Minnesota State Bar Association
- United States, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trademark Law, Minneapolis (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Advertising Law
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Trademark Law
- The Best Lawyers in America, intellectual property, 2009-2019
- Who’s Who Legal
- Managing IP’s Top 250 Women in IP nationwide, 2016
- Chambers USA, IP litigation, 2013-2018
- World Trademark Review 1000, 2013 and 2017
- Minnesota Lawyer, Attorneys of the Year, 2013
- Minnesota Monthly, Minnesota's Best Lawyers, 2013
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, intellectual property and intellectual Property Litigation, 2014-2018
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation, Litigation Star, 2015 and 2016
- World Intellectual Property Review, IP Leader, 2017
News & Links
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.