Recognized since 2001
Ronald O’Keefe handles a wide range of corporate law for clients, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, spinoffs, securities, and corporate governance. He also provides guidance to financial-services clients. Ron enjoys taking a concept such as a merger and making it into reality by dealing with the various business, financing, regulatory and personnel issues along the way. He finds satisfaction in solving client challenges and brings 37 years of corporate experience to his clients.
Ron is experienced in supervising and handling many aspects of federal and state securities work, including registration statements, prospectuses and related documentation for exempt and non-exempt offerings of various securities, including common stock, preferred stock, debentures and Regulation D offerings. He also handles Securities Exchange Act of 1934 reports, including proxy statement and Form 10-K disclosures, mergers and acquisitions and corporate-equity and debt financings.
Ron has experience in representing special committees of boards of directors of publicly held companies with respect to various matters, including mergers and acquisitions, related party transactions, changes in control and going private transactions. In 2007, he was appointed Special Fiduciary Counsel to the board of the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.
Ron has broad and deep experience in financial institution regulation and in interacting with financial institution regulatory bodies on behalf of the firm’s clients. His experience includes assisting clients in preparing and filing regulatory applications, responding to reports of examination and entering into supervisory agreements. He also has advised clients with respect to compliance with regulatory capital requirements and investment limitations, as well as providing research and advice regarding all aspects of financial institution operations.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hahnlaw.com/professionals/f-ronald-okeefe
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 200 Public Square, Suite 2800
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Georgetown University , A.B., graduated 1972
- Cleveland State University , J.D., graduated 1977
- Ohio, 1977
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section - Member
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Corporation, Banking and Business Law and Securities Law Sections - Member
- Georgetown University Alumni Association, Deans’ Circle - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Corporation Law Committee - Member
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals - Member
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2002
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Corporate Law, 2001-22
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.