Eugene has over 26 years’ experience practising corporate and commercial law.
Eugene’s range of industry experience includes energy (particularly renewable energy) and resources projects, mining services, agribusiness, manufacturing, private equity, financial services, technology commercialisation, property development, and franchising.
Eugene’s areas of expertise are:
- Corporate finance – equity capital markets, public market floats, securities and financial services law, capital management, and recapitalizations.
- Mergers and acquisitions – takeovers, schemes of arrangements, private equity transactions, cross border transactions, due diligence, and corporate restructuring.
- Corporate governance – directors’ duties, disclosure obligations, executive remuneration, and equity incentive plans.
- Primary industries – Strategic investments, foreign investment, joint ventures, farm ins, farm outs, renewable energy, procurement, commodity offtake agreements, native title and aboriginal cultural heritage issues, land access, and compensation.
Eugene is experienced in international and cross border transactions and negotiations. He speaks fluent Cantonese.
Recent experience includes:
- Advised leading companies on corporate finance matters, including Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Limited (IPO and ASX listing), ABN AMRO Morgans (underwriter of numerous capital raisings), Titan Energy Services Limited (hybrid debt and equity raising).
- Advised on regulated takeovers and schemes of arrangement for Toho Zinc Co Ltd in the takeover of CBH Resources, The National Titanium Dioxide Company (Cristal) (Saudi Arabia) takeover of Bemax Resources, and Auzex Resources Limited in the demerger scheme to spin off non-core assets and merger scheme with AIM listed partner.
- Advised on acquisition of Domino’s Pizza master franchise rights in France, Netherlands, Belgium, Japan and Germany.
- Advised on major projects, including Cooper Basin Geothermal Power Project (recognised as a project of national significance), BBM Coking Coal Project in Indonesia, and the Rasp Mine in Broken Hill, NSW.
- Advised on cross border matters, including New Hope Group (China’s largest private agribusiness) on inbound acquisition funding, China Coal Import & Export Company (SOE) on joint venture with local coal explorer, LIM Asia Arbitrage Fund (special situations investments), and Toho Zinc and The National Titanium Dioxide Company (Cristal) on its domestic mining assets.