Esther L. Moreno
Recognized in:Corporate LawSecurities / Capital Markets Law
Law School:Florida International University
Location:Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 110098 Southeast Seventh StreetMiami, FL 33131
- Florida International University, BA, summa cum laude, graduated 1995
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Cuban American Bar Association - Member
- Florida International University Foundation, Inc. - Board of Directors
- Florida International University, Dean's Advisory Board for the College of Arts and Sciences - Member
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Daily Business Review, Finalist, Top Dealmaker: Mergers & Acquisitions, 2006
- Daily Business Review, Finalist, Top Dealmaker: Corporate Finance, 2007-2009
- Daily Business Review 2013, Top Dealmaker Finalist for Corporate Finance
- Daily Business Review 2013, Top Dealmaker Finalist for International Corporate
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2009, Listed as an "Up and Comer"
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2013, Listed in Florida as a "Rising Star" for Securities & Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance & Compliance, and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Recognized as a "40 Under 40," Outstanding Lawyer of Miami-Dade County, 2010
- Chambers USA 2009-2011, Ranked in Florida for Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- South Florida Business Journal, Recognized as "40 Under 40," 2011
- South Florida Business Journal, Recognized as one of 2013's Most Influential Business Women
- The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, Author, "2008 Executive Compensation Disclosure: Lessons Learned from the 2007 Proxy Season and Action Items for the 2008 Proxy Season," January 2008
- Executive Compensation and Securities Seminars, Panelist and Moderator, January 2008-2011
- Representation of The GEO Group, Inc. in connection with its $415 million acquisition of B.I. Incorporated and concurrent issuance of $300 million of senior notes.
- Representation of The GEO Group, Inc. in connection with its $685 million acquisition of Cornell Companies, Inc.
- Representation of Cardo Medical, Inc. in the asset sale of its joint arthroplasty division to Arthrex, Inc.
- Representation of SBA Communications Corporation in connection with its stock purchase of AAT Communications Corp., a $1 billion dollar transaction that was noted in the media for its significance, and concurrent cash tender offer for $424 million of senior notes and a $1.1 billion bridge loan facility.
- Representation of various public companies in over $4.0 billion of high yield debt offerings pursuant to registered offerings, Rule 144A offerings and Regulation S offerings.
- Representation of various public companies with respect to the preparation and filing of universal shelf registration statements and subsequent takedowns.
- Representation of SBA Communications Corporation in connection with over $1.0 billion in convertible debt offerings and $500 million in multiple equity offerings.
- Representation of Burger King Holdings, Inc. in connection with over $1.0 billion in equity offerings by the sponsors of Burger King.
- Representation of Ryder System, Inc. in connection with a $250 million offering of medium term notes.
- Representation of Ivax Corporation in connection with a $394 million cross-border tender offer for Laboratorio Chile.
- Representation of the Independent Committee of the Board of Directors of Interfoods of America, Inc. in a going private transaction.
- Representation of a group of investors with respect to the purchase of an airline in Central America.
601 West Fifth Street, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90071
1900 Sixteenth Street, Suite 1700
Denver, CO 80202
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
750 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 750
Washington, DC 20001
1875 NW Corporate Boulevard, Suite 275
Boca Raton, FL 33431
350 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1600
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
50 North Laura Street, Suite 3100
Jacksonville, FL 32202
9128 Strada Place, Suite 10205
Naples, FL 34108
420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
106 East College Avenue, 12th Floor
Tallahassee, FL 32301
401 East Jackson Street, Suite 1700
Tampa, FL 33602
West Tower, Suite 1100
777 South Flagler Drive
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
71 South Wacker Drive, 47th Floor
Chicago, IL 60606
601 Poydras Street, Suite 2200
New Orleans, LA 70130
1635 Village Center Circle, Suite 200
Las Vegas, NV 89134
666 Fifth Avenue, 20th Floor
New York, NY 10103
500 West Second Street, Suite 1900
Austin, TX 78701
2001 Ross Avenue, Suite 3600
Dallas, TX 75201
1300 Post Oak Boulevard, Suite 2500
Houston, TX 77056
112 East Pecan Street, Suite 2750
San Antonio, TX 78205
170 South Main Street, Suite 725
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
One South Pinckney Street, Suite 700
Madison, WI 53703