Recognized since 2014
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
With broad-ranging experience advising public and private companies, Esther Moreno focuses her practice on capital markets transactions, disclosure and corporate governance matters, and M&A transactions. She represents a range of clients on equity, high-yield, convertible debt, and Regulation S/offshore offerings.
In addition, Esther advises public companies, boards of directors, and board committees on corporate governance matters, director responsibilities and fiduciary duties, executive compensation, SEC reporting, stock exchange listing and compliance matters, and stockholder relations including responding to stockholder proposals, dealing with stockholder activists and proxy contests. In the areas of M&A, Esther is trusted for her deep knowledge of public company acquisitions, going private transactions, and the representation of special committees.
Esther’s clients have included companies in varying industries, including the automotive retail, equipment rental, media and entertainment, medical device, pharmaceutical, real estate investment trust, restaurant and telecommunications sectors.
Esther’s work has been recognized industry publications, including by Chambers USA, Daily Business Review, The Best Lawyers in America, and South Florida Business Journal.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/esther-moreno.html
- Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 1100
98 Southeast Seventh Street
Miami, FL 33131
- Florida International University, BA, summa cum laude, graduated 1995
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Cuban American Bar Association - Member
- Florida International University Foundation, Inc. - Board of Directors
- Florida International University, Dean's Advisory Board for the College of Arts and Sciences - Member
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section - Member
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Daily Business Review, Finalist, Top Dealmaker: Mergers & Acquisitions, 2006
- Daily Business Review, Finalist, Top Dealmaker: Corporate Finance, 2007-2009
- Daily Business Review 2013, Top Dealmaker Finalist for Corporate Finance
- Daily Business Review 2013, Top Dealmaker Finalist for International Corporate
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2009, Listed as an "Up and Comer"
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2013, Listed in Florida as a "Rising Star" for Securities & Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance & Compliance, and Mergers & Acquisitions
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Recognized as a "40 Under 40," Outstanding Lawyer of Miami-Dade County, 2010
- Chambers USA 2009-2011, Ranked in Florida for Corporate/M&A & Private Equity
- South Florida Business Journal, Recognized as "40 Under 40," 2011
- South Florida Business Journal, Recognized as one of 2013's Most Influential Business Women
- Securities Regulation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.