Recognized since 2020
Redondo Beach, California
Born in Los Angeles, California, Erin graduated from the University of California Santa Barbara (B.A. in Psychology 1997) and Loyola Law School (J.D. 2003).EXPERIENCE
Erin joined McGaughey & Spirito’s team of Redondo Beach family lawyers in 2003. She handles primarily litigated cases, including cases involving complex custody issues, financial issues, or business interests. Erin is a Certified Family Law Specialist by the California Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of California. In addition, Erin has been trained in and practicing collaborative law since 2006, providing a spectrum of solutions to draw from for each client, whether in a collaborative or general dissolution process.
Since 2021, Erin has had the great distinction of being included in Super Lawyers' annual List of Top 50 Women Southern California attorneys, a list that includes attorneys across all practice areas of the law.
She was named a Super Lawyer Rising Star from 2011 through 2013, a distinction provided to the top 2.5% of attorneys in Southern California. Erin has subsequently been selected by her peers to the Southern California Super Lawyers list (2017 to present).
Erin has also been recognized by The Best Lawyers In America list for the years 2020 to the present in the practice area of Family Law. Erin is a former president of the South Bay Bar Association and is currently a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association Family Law Section’s Executive Committee.PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Los Angeles County Bar Association – Family Law Section’s Executive Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association- Member
- South Bay Bar Association – Past President
- A Better Divorce
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association
- Speaker at continuing legal education lecture, "No Fault Divorce in California," September 12, 2022
- Panelist at Collaborative Practice California Celebration XIV “It’s Been 50 Years of No-Fault Divorce in California. No Fault? Really?- Managing Client Expectations When They are Not Acknowledged by California Law” April 27, 2019.
- Co-Chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s event, “Bridging the Gap,” an all day seminar to assist young lawyers transition from law student to legal professional, March 30, 2019 and April 7, 2018.
- Quoted in Daily Journal regarding family law judicial officer, July 16, 2018.
- Presenter of Collaborative divorce principles to Financial Planning Association of Los Angeles, June 2018.
- Featured Speaker at St. John Fisher Career Day Event, May 17, 2018.
- Featured in Palos Verdes Peninsula News article, “Attorneys to honor mediator“, February 3, 2016.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.mcgs-law.com/attorneys/erin-mcgaughey
- 116 Avenue I
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
- Loyola Marymount University, graduated 2003
- California, 2003
- California, U.S. District Court Central District of California,
- Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association - Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Family Law Section’s Executive Committee
- Los Angeles County Bar Association - Member
- South Bay Bar Association - Past President
- Family Law
- AV rating Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.