Erin's practice focuses on commercial real estate transactions and development matters. She represents clients in all aspects of real estate transactions including acquisitions and sales of office, retail, industrial, hotel and development properties, leasing transactions on behalf of both landlords and tenants; the creation and implementation of real estate ownership structures including joint ventures, co-ownership agreements, limited partnership and shareholder arrangements, and real estate development matters including, subdivision and servicing requirements, site assembly, and air space parcel subdivisions. Erin frequently advises developers on compliance matters under the Real Estate Development Marketing Act and the Strata Property Act and prepares Disclosure Statements, and purchase and sale agreements for residential and mixed use developments. She is also experienced in structuring and implementing airspace parcel subdivisions.
Her representative work includes:
- The preparation and filing of Disclosure Statements on behalf of developers pursuant to the Real Estate Development Marketing Act (British Columbia)
- Representing an institutional asset manager in the acquisition of a real estate portfolio worth over $50 million dollars in the Provinces of British Columbia and Alberta
- Representing a REIT in the disposition of a portfolio of western real estate assets
- Advising developers regarding the structure for residential and mixed use projects, including strata titled conversion projects and airspace parcel subdivisions
- Advising a developer on real estate development matters in connection with a 128 unit mixed use development in Richmond, British Columbia, including negotiations with the City of Richmond on subdivision and rezoning matters
- Advising a developer and negotiations with the City of Coquitlam regarding a 488 unit phased residential development and commercial air space parcel
- Acting for developers in all aspects of development matters including negotiations with municipalities for the drafting and registration of development servicing agreements including covenants, easements and rights of way relating to development and subdivision projects throughout the Lower Mainland, Whistler and Vancouver Island
- Representing a landlord in the negotiation of a long term ground lease and sublease arrangements with respect to an intermodal distribution facility and subsequent sale of the asset in Richmond, British Columbia
- Representing overseas investors in their acquisition of strata titled hotel units in Whistler, British Columbia
- Drafting and negotiation of joint venture and limited partnership agreements
- Acting on behalf of borrowers in negotiating and preparing construction loan financing arrangements and take out financing
- Advising landlords and tenants with respect to office, industrial and retail leases
- Preparation of a Master Retail Lease for a mixed use hotel development in downtown Vancouver.