Recognized since 2013
Natural Resources Law
Erik Goldsilver is a partner in the Securities and Capital Markets Group at Borden Ladner Gervais LLP with specific expertise in the mining, natural resources and energy sectors. He regularly acts for Canadian and international mining companies on acquisitions and dispositions of mines, mining projects and mining companies; project development; and mine operations in Canada and throughout the world. Erik also advises on the structuring and negotiation of option and joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, royalty arrangements, offtake agreements and streaming agreements.
Erik has extensive experience with all legal aspects of the development, construction and operation of mining projects, including advising on environmental and regulatory compliance matters, permitting issues and mine closure, decommissioning and reclamation issues. He advises mining clients on First Nation/Inuit exploration agreements, impact benefit agreements and other commercial agreements for mine exploration and development and other infrastructure requirements. Erik also advises clients on energy-related issues, such as power procurement, interconnection and transmission services.
- Lawyer Page: https://gowlingwlg.com/en/people/erik-goldsilver
- 1 First Canadian Place
100 King Street West, Suite 1600
Toronto, ON M5X 1G5
- University of British Columbia, LLB, graduated 1997
- University of Western Ontario, BA, graduated 1993
- Ontario, Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Energy Association - Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation - Member
- Mining Law
- Natural Resources Law
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2013–2014 (Mining)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2010–2014 (Mining)
- Chambers Global 2012–2014 (Projects: Mining: Leading Canadian Firms (Latin America-wide)
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2013–2015 (Natural Resources Law)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2010–2015 (Mining)
- Latinvex (Latin America's Top 100 Lawyers 2014)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.