Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Environmental
Natural Resources Law
Accomplished lawyer providing legal guidance across numerous state and federal environmental, public lands and natural resource issues. Known for finding pragmatic solutions to complex problems. Has a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and operations.
A widely respected environmental lawyer, Eric Waeckerlin employs a thoughtful, solution-oriented approach in resolving all stages of complex environmental permitting, enforcement, policy and regulatory matters. He represents clients in major litigation in federal and state courts, and before administrative agencies over critical air quality and other environmental and natural resource issues affecting numerous industries. He also routinely advises clients on a wide range of environmental issues arising during transactional due diligence.
Eric has represented oil and natural gas operators, pipeline companies, mining clients, defense contractors, steel manufacturers, engine and other mobile source manufacturers, and industry trade associations on numerous issues under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, National Environmental Policy Act, CERCLA and their state equivalents. He has been at the forefront of emerging federal and state methane and climate change regulatory efforts affecting the oil and natural gas sector. Eric is frequently called upon to represent companies in high-stakes federal and state policy and regulatory matters before the Environmental Protection Agency and the Bureau of Land Management as well as state environmental agencies and oil and gas conservation commissions across the Rocky Mountain West.
Prior to Brownstein, Eric practiced in Denver and in Washington, D.C., where he advised energy, manufacturing and industrial clients.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hollandhart.com/ewaeckerlin
- 410 Seventeenth Street, Suite 2200
Denver, CO 80202-4432
- The University of Montana, J.D., graduated 2005
- University of Wyoming, B.S., graduated 1998
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar
- Wyoming, Wyoming State Bar
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- Montana, State Bar of Montana
- American Bar Association - Climate Change, Sustainable Development, and Ecosystems Committee, Vice Chair
- American Bar Association - Superfund and Natural Resources Damages Litigation Committee, Vice Chair
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Natural Resources Law
- Denver Business Journal, Who's Who in Energy, 2017
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.