Recognized since 2012
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Eric Anderson is the go-to attorney for banks and other creditors dealing with problem loans. Eric has helped lenders negotiate workouts and financial restructurings throughout his career, both in and out of bankruptcy. His creative, client-focused approach ensures that creditors are in the best possible position to achieve their business objectives.
A seasoned bankruptcy professional, Eric helps bank, trustees, investors and other parties in bankruptcy and financial restructuring matters. Deeply knowledgeable in all aspects of bankruptcy and threatened bankruptcy, he is able to guide his clients to the optimal solution, be it a negotiated solution pre-bankruptcy or maximization of recovery within bankruptcy itself.
Eric is passionate about ensuring that his clients obtain the best possible outcome. His deep background in restructuring helps him ensure that the client can, to the greatest extent possible, drive its agenda rather than simply respond to the actions of other parties. Proactive and business-focused, Eric helps his clients navigate the reality of restructuring with a minimum of disruption.
- 303 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3600
Atlanta, GA 30308
- University of Wisconsin Law School , J.D., cum laude, graduated 1986
- University of Wisconsin - Madison, B.A. with distinction, graduated 1982
- Georgia, 1986
- Wisconsin, 1986 (inactive)
- American Bankruptcy Institute (2016-2019) - Board of Directors
- American Bankruptcy Institute Southeast Bankruptcy Workshop - Advisory Board Member, Program Chair 2013
- American Bar Association - Business Law Section, Business Bankruptcy Committee
- American College of Bankruptcy - Fellow, Chair of Eleventh Circuit Educational Programs and Law School Outreach Committee
- Atlanta Bar Association - Board of Directors, Member-at-Large 2006-2013; Bankruptcy Section Board Member 1999-2007; Chairman 2005-2006
- Atlanta Bar Association CLE Board of Trustees - Chair 2008-2009
- Meritas - Member, Board of Directors (2012-2015)
- Southeast Bankruptcy Law Institute - Member, Board of Directors; Secretary 2018-2019; Chair of Program Committee
- State Bar of Georgia - Member, Bankruptcy Section
- State Bar of Wisconsin -
- Turnaround Management Association - Contributing Author, Journal of Corporate Renewal
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Atlanta (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Listed in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Bankruptcy/Restructuring (2018 - present)
- Recognized as a Georgia "Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine (2007, 2012-present)
- Selected as one of Georgia's "Legal Elite" for Bankruptcy/Creditors' Rights by Georgia Trend magazine (2009, 2010, 2012)
- Recognized as one of Georgia's "Top Rated Lawyers" by Martindale-Hubbell and ALM
- Recognized by Who's Who Legal for Restructuring & Insolvency
- Atlanta Bar Association Distinguished Service Award (2007)
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2012-present)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.