With a wealth of experience in litigation, Eric has a unique perspective on transactional work. He has litigated matters in state and federal courts and understands the role of advocacy, negotiation and dispute resolution in business, real estate and administrative proceedings. He has effectively represented a number of clients in the petroleum industry and has a working knowledge of the unique problems confronting this industry.
- Assisted developer with the redevelopment of 1,000,000 square foot industrial complex into residential “loft style” condominium units. Project involved IRDC plan, brownfield financing, asbestos and lead paint abatement, resulting in an agreement with MDEQ to allow residential use of property subject to industrial closure.
- Assisted developer with 34-acre redevelopment of former industrial property, including brownfield financing, environmental due diligence, due care activities, negotiation with responsible parties, environmental regulators and local officials.
- Represented large PRP Group in contribution action resulting in favorable settlement of cleanup liability on Superfund site.
- Represented fruit producer in the defense of wetlands enforcement action involving 300-acre tract in Upper Peninsula.
- Assisted developers and industrial sector buyers in the marketing, sale, purchase, and due diligence involving Brownfield Business Tax Credits.
- Represented numerous owners of sites with leaking underground storage tanks regarding cleanup, cost recovery and underground storage tank insurance claims.
- Assisted large mall developer in addressing environmental due diligence and response activities to facilitate purchase of mall property.
- Represented companies in merger and acquisitions of industrial facilities in several different states with multiple environmental challenges.
- Assisted commercial condominium developers with unique issues associated with development of commercial and industrial condominium projects on contaminated land.
- Assisted municipalities in drafting groundwater use ordinances to protect public health and safety.
- Represented importer with claims related to product contamination from Chinese goods.
- Represented owners in release reporting and emergency response.
- Assisted commercial landlords and tenants with environmental concerns arising from leases of environmentally challenged land.
- Represented numerous industries in remedial action plans, response activity and removal actions arising from regulatory obligations to address released hazardous substances.
- Represented new owner of intrastate petroleum pipeline to address historical spills and leaks from system.
- Represented large petroleum distributor with purchase of local and out of state facilities.