Recognized in:Class Action LitigationCorporate and Commercial Litigation
Law School:Université de Montréal
Location:1000, rue De La Gauchetière OuestBureau 2100Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
- Université de Montréal, LL.B, graduated 2000
- Université du Québec à Montréal, BA, graduated 1996
- Quebec, Barreau du Québec
- Barreau du Québec - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- The Advocates Society - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Class Action Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Class Actions
- Amex Bank of Canada, in the $300M class action regarding foreign exchange conversion fees charged on credit cards (dismissed on appeal).
- Irving Oil, in its successful defence against a motion for authorization to institute a national class action regarding alleged miscalibration of distributor-type fuel pumps.
- General Motors of Canada Limited, in relation to various actions brought by former Quebec dealers following out-of-court restructuring by GM Canada in 2009-2010.
- Imperial Tobacco Canada Limited, in the files related to the Quebec Medicaid action taken by the Quebec Government against tobacco manufacturers (constitutional challenge to the Tobacco-Related Damages and Health Care Costs Recovery Act – to proceed on the merits in October 2013 – and defence to the $60B lawsuit filed by the Quebec Government in June 2012).
- Bank of Montreal, on appeal of a $12M judgment in favour of the trustee of a former borrower as a result of an alleged abuse of right
- Canadian Bankers' Association, in relation to the References to the Quebec Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada regarding the jurisdiction of the Parliament of Canada to create a National Securities Regulator.
- Co-responsible for the defence of the majority shareholders in a $165M oppression remedy dispute
- Aveos Fleet Performance Inc., in relation to a major arbitration regarding the aborted implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, in the recognition of foreign bankruptcy proceedings against George Marciano (founder of Guess Jeans).
- Atomic Energy Canada in the context of a $230M dispute against Hydro-Québec regarding the life extension project of a major nuclear power plant
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 First Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018