Recognized since 2021
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
“In litigation, there are no universal answers. Each case is unique, and each party brings their own motivations and objectives. With those realities in mind, I find the opportunities hidden in each dispute and leverage them to advance my clients’ goals.”
I represent individuals and corporations in a wide range of complex trust, estate, and business disputes. While advising my clients through each stage of the litigation process, I work exhaustively to develop a successful strategy for their case, focusing on what is most important to them and their goals.
In my litigation practice, I have a proven track record of advocating for my clients in a wide range of probate and business disputes, including:
- will and trust contests,
- inheritance disputes,
- creditor claims,
- contested administrations,
- business torts,
- shareholder disputes,
- breaches of contract,
- intellectual property,
- employment and labor, and
- real estate matters.
As a frequent litigator of complex trust and estate disputes, I understand that family dynamics and significant financial stakes can make those matters particularly challenging for everyone involved. In each case, my goal is to preserve important relationships and maximize the value of the estate, wherever possible, while advocating zealously for my client’s interests. I have represented individual and institutional trustees, beneficiaries, guardians, conservators, personal representatives, and other interested persons in a variety of complex estate and trust matters with millions of dollars in dispute.
Prior to joining the firm, I served as a judicial extern to Chief Magistrate Judge Arthur J. Boylan in the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, and as a staff attorney to Chief Judge Terrence E. Conkel in the First Judicial District of Minnesota.
See my full bio here.
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- University of Minnesota, J.D., graduated 2013
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, B.S., graduated 2007
- Minnesota, Minnesota, United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member
- Minnesota Board of Architecture, Engineering, Land Surveying, Landscape Architecture, Geoscience, and Interior Design - Appointed by Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton 2017–2021, Reappointment by Minnesota Governor Tim Walz and Lieutenant Governor Peggy Flanagan 2021-2025
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Member
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers – Rising Stars® Edition, 2019-2021
- 2018 Up & Coming Attorney Honoree, Minnesota Lawyer, 2018
- North Star Lawyer, Honored by Minnesota State Bar Association for commitment to pro bono service, 2016–2017
- Managing Editor, Minnesota Journal of Law, Science & Technology
- Recipient, Law School Public Service Program Award, 2013
- Recipient, Dean’s Distinguished Scholarship Award, 2010–2013
- Fellowship, Biomedical Graduate Studies, University of Pennsylvania, 2007–2009
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.