Recognized since 2018
Raleigh, North Carolina
Corporate Governance Law
Litigation - First Amendment
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Eric David focuses his practice on business litigation, constitutional litigation, and media and communications law. Eric represents businesses, public agencies, and individuals in high-stakes litigation in federal and state court, and especially the North Carolina Business Court.
A seasoned litigator, Eric represents large and small businesses in complex litigation, particularly in federal court and the North Carolina Business Court. Eric has experience in a myriad of matters, including trade secrets litigation, corporate governance disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and claims brought under the North Carolina Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act.
Eric has also advocated on behalf of publisher and broadcast clients in a variety of First Amendment and newsgathering matters, including disputes over the North Carolina Public Records Act and access to public meetings. Eric has substantial experience defending both large and small publishers against defamation claims in state and federal court.
Contact & Links
- Wells Fargo Capitol Center, Suite 1700
150 Fayetteville Street
P.O. Box 1800
Raleigh, NC 27602
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill , JD, graduated 2008
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, MA, graduated 2005
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA, graduated 1994
- North Carolina, North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals - Fourth Circuit
- U.S Court of Appeals - D.C. Circuit
- U.S. District Court - Western District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court - Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court - Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Governance Law, Raleigh (2023)
- Litigation - First Amendment, Raleigh (2023)
- Litigation - First Amendment, Raleigh (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Governance Law
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Recognized by his peers for inclusion in Business North Carolina’s "Legal Elite" in Young Guns category (2013-2014); for Litigation (2017-2022)
- Recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) as a “Rising Star” in Business Litigation (2014-2021) and Civil Rights/First Amendment (2012-2013)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.