Eric David focuses his practice in business litigation, First Amendment law, and media and communications law. He has advocated on behalf of media and broadcast clients in a variety of First Amendment and newsgathering matters, including disputes over the North Carolina Public Records Act and access to public meetings.
A seasoned litigator, Eric represents businesses and individuals in high-stakes litigation in federal and state court, including the North Carolina Business Court. He has experience in a wide range of matters, including securities litigation, corporate governance disputes, breach of fiduciary duty claims, and claims brought under the North Carolina Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices Act. Eric also represents companies and individuals in a variety of intellectual property disputes, including copyright and trademark litigation and trade secrets claims.
Publications & Media
- Co-presenter, "Minding Others' Business: Navigating Gossip, Defamation, and Employee Use of Social Media," Association of Corporate Counsel meeting, November 2019; Geneva Group International Southeast Chapter Continuing Legal Education Webinar, April 2020
- Presenter, "Trash Talk: Gossip and Defamation on Social Media," Guilford Merchants Association's Digital Marketing Institute, July 24, 2019
- Co-Author, Survey of North Carolina Privacy Law and Related Claims Against the Media, Media Law Resource Center 50-State Survey, Media Privacy and Related Law, 2015-present
- Brooks Pierce Attorney Named President of the Lucille Hunter Elementary School Foundation
- Brooks Pierce Partner Mentioned by NiemanLab