Recognized since 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Banking and Finance Law
Financial Services Regulation Law
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Eric is a partner in the firm's Oklahoma City office and Editor in Chief of CounselorLibrary.com's Spot Delivery publication. He assists national and state banks, savings associations, credit unions, mortgage bankers, other licensed lenders, motor vehicles dealers and automotive finance companies in the development and maintenance of nationwide consumer mortgage and automobile finance programs; online motor vehicle sales programs; litigation funding programs; and electronic payment programs. Eric also assists DMS providers of documents and software with federal and state law compliance. He provides responses to regulator examinations; provides comments on proposed statutes and regulations to legislators and regulators; and assists financial services creditors with statutory and regulatory changes occasioned by the Dodd-Frank Act. Eric also assists financial services providers on e-commerce and information technology issues.
Eric is listed in the 2020 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® in the practice areas of Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Litigation, Financial Services Regulation Law and Litigation-Banking & Finance. He chairs Hudson Cook's Marketing Committee.
Prior to joining Hudson Cook, Eric was a Shareholder and Director and member of Phillips Murrah P.C.'s Commercial and Consumer Financial Services Practice Groups. He was previously an Adjunct Professor at Oklahoma City University School of Law teaching Consumer Law.
Eric serves as Chair to the Legal Committee for the National Automotive Finance Association and is a co-founder and co-instructor of their Consumer Credit Compliance Certification Program. Eric is a Fellow of the American College of Consumer Financial Services Lawyers. He also serves as Vice President of Membership on the Governing Committee for The Conference on Consumer Finance Law and as Update Chair of the Financial Institutions and Commercial Law Section of the Oklahoma Bar Association. He is a member of the American Bar Association (Business Law Section; Banking, Commercial Finance and Consumer Financial Services Committees), a member of the National Association of Dealer Counsel and a member of the Alternative Finance Bar Association. Eric speaks frequently across the country on the legal and business issues shaping the financial services industry.
Eric received his law degree from Oklahoma City University School of Law and holds a Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Oklahoma State University.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hudsoncook.com/attorney/eric-johnson/
- 918 SW 107th Street, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73170
- Oklahoma City University , JD, graduated 1994
- Oklahoma State University, B.S. in Accounting, graduated 1991
- Oklahoma, Oklahoma State bar
- Legal Committee for the National Automotive Finance Association - Chair
- The Conference on Consumer Finance Law - Governing Committee
- Oklahoma Bar Association, Financial Institutions and Commercial Law Section - Program Officer
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section - Member
- American Bar Association, Banking Law Committee - Member
- American Bar Association, Commercial Finance Committee - Member
- American Bar Association, Consumer Financial Services Committee - Member
- Alternative Finance Bar Association - Member
- National Association of Dealer Counsel - Member
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Western Districts of Oklahoma
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Oklahoma City (2022)
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Oklahoma City (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services Regulation Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.