Recognized since 2009
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
Eric Hobbs's practice focuses on labor and employment, with an emphasis on employment counseling and policy development, occupational safety and health, worker’s compensation, wage-hour matters, clergy abuse, and employment discrimination litigation. He also has experience in wage-hour, employment discrimination and multi-district class action cases. Mr. Hobbs represents employers of all sizes in a variety of industries from service to heavy manufacturing. He has litigated before state and federal agencies and courts throughout the United States and has experience in Canadian occupational safety and health laws issues. He has been recognized in the area of labor and employment law in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and in The Best Lawyers in America, published by Woodward/White, Inc., and he has repeatedly been named in the area of labor and employment relations as a “Wisconsin Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine, a Law and Politics publication. Mr. Hobbs also is author of the chapter on “Occupational Safety and Health” in the State Bar of Wisconsin's Wisconsin Employment Law treatise and is a co-author of the Bureau of National Affairs’ treatise on Occupational Safety and Health Law, 2d Ed., 2002.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.ogletree.com/people/eric-e-hobbs
- 1243 North 10th Street, Suite 200
Milwaukee, WI 53205
- Calvin College, graduated 1982
- Cornell University, graduated 1985
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Calvin College - Member, Presidential Regional Council
- Milwaukee County Commission for Persons with Disabilities - Chair
- The Salvation Army - Wisconsin/Upper Michigan Division - Member, Advisory Board
- University of Wisconsin -Whitewater - School of Occupational & Environmental Safety & Health - Advisory Board Chair
- Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra - Board Vice Chair
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers, Milwaukee (2022)
- Labor Law - Management, Milwaukee (2021)
- Employment Law - Management, Milwaukee (2020)
- Labor Law - Management, Milwaukee (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Workers' Compensation Law - Employers
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Civil Rights
- State and Federal
- Workers' Compensation
"Eric Hobbs brings a high level of professionalism and knowledge into the areas that we are being challenged with. He is responsive to his clients' needs and is always well reasoned when called upon for counsel."
- Robert Thomson (The Salvation Army)
"He is excellent to work with. He listens intently to the situation and offers practical advice, which takes into account both the legal boundaries of the situation, and also our concerns and goals as an employer. He is a good teacher, offering references and ideas to be used in similar instances that may occur. He definitely has our best interests in mind in every situation that he encounters."
- Wendy Wohr (Pioneer Credit Union)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.