Recognized since 2016
Advertising and Marketing Law
Competition / Antitrust Law
Eric Dufour has specialized in competition law and foreign investment reviews for over 25 years. He provides transactional, litigation, and general compliance advice relating to the Competition Act (Canada) and the Investment Canada Act.
Eric has acted in both transactional, reviewable, civil and criminal matters under the Competition Act (Canada), including:
- advising clients in respect to mergers and strategic alliances as well as preparing pre-merger notifications, requests for advance rulings, and competitive impact submissions;
- representing clients in respect to criminal matters, such as conspiracies, bid-rigging, and misleading representations;
- acting for defendants in competition law-related class actions; advising and representing clients in respect to immunity and leniency applications;
- reviewing and opining on trade practices and representing clients in related challenges;
- preparing submissions and presentations to the Canadian Competition Bureau; and
- conducting competition law audits and designing compliance programs for corporate clients and trade associations.
Eric also provides advice on all aspects of the Investments Canada Act, including:
- reviewing transactions, as well as preparing notifications and applications for review;
- negotiating, drafting and reviewing contracts and merger agreements;
- preparing submissions to, and negotiating with, the Investment Review Branches of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and Canadian Heritage; and
- representing clients in respect to national security reviews and challenges.
Eric regularly deals with the Competition Bureau and the Investment Review Branches of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada and Canadian Heritage, and has also acted as counsel in matters involving commercial disputes, class action proceedings, judicial reviews, commercial torts and other civil actions.Eric has extensive experience with clients in diverse sectors including financial services, transportation, agriculture, publishing, oil and gas, forestry, metals, communications, advertising, food and beverage, manufacturing, retail, and information technology.
- Advertising and Marketing Law
- Competition / Antitrust Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.