Recognized since 2009
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Real Estate Law
Eric Rapkin serves as chair of Akerman’s Real Estate Practice Group, one of the nation’s top-ranked real estate legal teams representing developers, investors, and other real estate end users in complex transactions, development and redevelopment projects, public-private initiatives, loan origination and recoveries, and litigation matters across the United States and Latin America.
A consummate dealmaker, Eric’s practice focuses on sophisticated commercial real estate transactions, including the leasing, acquisition, disposition, and financing of office towers, shopping centers, industrial properties, hotels, and medical office buildings for top developers, institutional investors, and investment funds.
Recognized by Chambers USA as “a very knowledgeable resource on leasing transactions,” as well as noting that “he approaches things from a business perspective,” Eric has finalized deals for many millions of square feet of office, retail, industrial, and mixed-use projects. He is well versed in build-to-suit projects, possessing a detailed knowledge of the complex construction provisions that are central to these deals. Eric is also experienced in office tower acquisitions and dispositions and major public-private partnership transactions.
Eric has served in numerous leaderships roles in the real estate sector, including the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) and NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/eric-rapkin.html
- 201 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1800
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- University of Florida, BA, graduated 1983
- Florida, Florida State Bar
- American Bar Association, Commercial Leasing Committee - Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) - Member
- NAIOP (Commercial Real Estate Development Association), South Florida Chapter, Board Member - Chapter President, 2010
- The Florida Bar - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Real Estate Law, Fort Lauderdale (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- The Legal 500 2007, 2009, 2014 Recommended for Real Estate Transactions and Finance
- Daily Business Review's 2007 Top Dealmaker of the Year Award - Office, Recognized for Representation of Developer in Office Depot's Global Headquarters Build-to-Suit Transaction
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers 2013, Recommended for Real Estate
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2012, Listed for Real Estate
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2009-2013, 2016, Listed in Florida for Real Estate: Business
- Who's Who Legal, Listed for Real Estate, 2014
- The Legal 500 2015, Recommended for Real Estate and Construction - Real Estate
- Chambers USA 2013-2016, Ranked in Florida for Real Estate
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.