Eric B. Amstutz
Recognized in:Corporate Compliance LawCorporate Governance Law...
Law School:Yale Law School
Location:44 East Camperdown WayP.O. Box 728Greenville, SC 29602-0728
- Yale Law School, J.D., graduated 1978
- Swarthmore College, BA, graduated 1975
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- Community Foundation - Grants Review Committee
- United Way - Financial Stability Council, Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Corporate Governance Law, Greenville (2015)
- Corporate Law, Greenville (2009)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Recognized as "Legal Elite" by the Greenville Business Magazine, 2012
- Named "Greenville Best Lawyers Corporate Lawyer of the Year," 2009
- Greenville Symphony Association Outstanding Board Member Award, 2006
- United States Supreme Court
801 Gervais Street, Suite B
P.O. Box 12247
Columbia, SC 29211-2247
Attorney Case History
Representative matters include:
- Advised several boards of directors of publicly-traded companies respecting director duties in connection with mergers and acquisitions, proxy contests, tender offers, exchange offers, committee structure, related party transactions, financings, distressed financial condition and other matters.
- Represented developer in connection with the structuring of the private-public deal, the drafting and negotiation of the primary contracts and the financing for the BI-LO Center (Greenville's arena).
- Represented developer in the drafting and negotiation of the Development, Program Management and Construction Management Agreement with the School District of Greenville County for its $1 billion facilities construction program.
- Represented AMEX-listed company in connection with the purchase of all of the outstanding stock of a privately held company for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $72,000,000 and related senior and subordinated debt financing.
- Represented public company in connection with a tender offer and consent solicitation relating to its approximately $31 million in aggregate amount then outstanding.