Emma is a partner in Ronan Daly Jermyn's Insolvency and Restructuring Department with extensive commercial experience in advising liquidators, receivers, examiners, financial institutions, investors and creditors. She has particular expertise in providing strategic advice to companies facing financial difficulties and advising financial institutions in the context of borrower default. Emma has worked in insolvency and restructuring since 1995.
Recent significant assignments include:
- Acting for the receiver, Grant Thornton, appointed over a shareholding in the Blackrock Clinic and successfully defending an action for breach of duty taken against the receiver;
- Acting for KPMG, the special liquidators of IBRC, including acting in the sale of the significant Evergreen loan portfolio and acting for the SL’s in the context of ongoing legacy litigation involving former officers of INBS/IBRC;
- Acting for the receiver, PWC, of the Fota Island Resort;
- Advising Grant Thornton in the receivership of the Sean Dunne group of companies and advising NAMA in relation to the ongoing Sean Dunne dual bankruptcy;
- Advising KPMG, the receivers of the TF Hotel and Theatre Royal in Castlebar and successfully defending a challenge to their appointment; and
- Acting for NAMA in a number of significant enforcement actions and liquidations.