Recognized since 2011
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
When clients have suffered a severe injury in a complex situation, there’s one Richmond personal injury lawyer they can turn to—Attorney Elliott M. Buckner at Breit Cantor Grana Buckner. Elliott has represented cases in every kind of catastrophic injury claim, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, tractor-trailer crashes, car collisions, and product liability. He also handles wrongful death claims on behalf of families who have experienced loss due to negligence.
No matter the situation, Elliott works tirelessly to ensure his clients receive the support and compensation they deserve. He has secured more than 40 verdicts and settlements larger than $1 million, changing the lives of dozens of clients and their family members. His track record of successful verdicts has formed a reputation that allows him to demand rightful compensation more effectively—resulting in larger settlements.
Elliott is widely recognized by his peers for his relentless and effective approach to litigation. He has been named to the list of Best Lawyers in America, been AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, included in the list of “Legal Elite” by Virginia Business Magazine, and has been annually selected to the Virginia Super Lawyers® list since 2007. He has also been regularly selected to the “Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers” and “Top 50 Richmond Super Lawyers” lists. These selections mark Elliott as one of the very best Richmond personal injury attorneys, and among the top litigators in all of Virginia.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell’s highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards
- American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell “Top Rated Lawyer” (2012)
- Best Lawyers in America, in the category of Personal Injury Litigation (2011-present)
- Virginia Super Lawyers® (2007-2019), selected by Law & Politics.
- "Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers" (2019-2014, 2012)
- "Top 50 Richmond Area Super Lawyers" (2019-2014, 2012)
- Virginia Super Lawyers “Rising Star” (2007-2011)
- “Legal Elite - Civil Litigation,” Virginia Business magazine (2013, 2015)
- “Legal Elite - Young Lawyer,” Virginia Business magazine (2005-2006, 2008, 2010)
- American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition, Winner (2000)
Contact & Links
- 7130 Glen Forest Drive, Suite 400
Richmond, VA 23226
- Sex: Male
- Ethnicity: White
- University of Richmond, BBA, graduated 1993
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Brain Injury Association of America - National Legal Conference Co-Chair
- City of Richmond Bar Association - Member
- Henrico Bar Association - Member
- Lewis F. Powell Inn of Court - Member
- Virginia Bar Association - Member
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association - Board of Governors
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Richmond (2023)
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, Richmond (2023)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Richmond (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Automobile Collision
- Brain Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Tractor-Trailer Collision
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Martindale-Hubbell - Highest Rating
- Martindale-Hubbell - Top Rated Lawyer (2012)
- Best Lawyers in America - Personal Injury Litigation (2011 - present)
- Top 100 Virginia Super Lawyers (2012)
- Top 25 Richmond Area Super Lawyers (2012)
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star (2007-2011)
- Virginia Business Magazine Legal Elite - Young Lawyer (2005, 2006, 2008, 2010)
- American Bar Association National Appellate Advocacy Competition - Winner (2000)
Motorcycle Accident - $5,000,000Motorcycle collision case in which an automobile crossed double yellow lines of two lane road into motorcycle’s lane of travel.
Auto Accident - $2,980,000Automobile accident, in which a woman sustained a mild brain injury and orthopedic injuries.
Slip & Fall - $2,400,000Woman dies nine weeks after slip & fall, causation contested.
Auto Accident - $2,350,000Automobile collision case, in which a young woman suffered a mild brain injury.
Medical Malpractice - $1,950,000Medical malpractice case.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.