Recognized since 2007
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Ellen C. Brotman began her career as a law clerk in the United States District Court, Southern District of New York. She has served as an Assistant Federal Defender in Philadelphia, PA and practiced in small, medium and large firms with a focus on criminal defense, appellate advocacy, professional responsibility and ethics. She has defended a wide variety of high-profile criminal cases, including political and public corruption, securities fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, currency structuring and other white-collar crimes involving complex trial, sentencing and appellate issues. Ms. Brotman also has extensive experience representing lawyers before the Disciplinary Board of Pennsylvania.
She has been recognized by Best Lawyers® / The Best Lawyers in America© and SuperLawyers® since 2007 in the area of criminal defense and has served on the boards of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
Ellen Brotman is a frequent event speaker and has authored more than fifty articles in various legal publications. She is active in the community and has been a recipient of The Legal Intelligencer’s Women of the Year award in 2014.
She is the founder and owner of Brotman Law, Radnor, PA. https://ellenbrotmanlaw.com/
In 2017, Ellen is launching her first blog: PA Legal Ethics. http://palegalethics.com
- One South Broad Street, Suite 1500
Philadelphia, PA 19107
- Pennsylvania, Bar of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association - Criminal Justice Section, Defense Function Subcommittee Co-Chair, 2014-2016; Criminal Justice Section, Long Range Planning Committee, 2015-2016
- Federal Bar Association - Criminal Justice Section, Defense Function Subcommittee Co-Chair, 2014-2016
- Federal Criminal Law Committee for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania - Secretary, 2017-Current
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Board of Directors, 2012-2015; Member, White Collar Crime Committee, 2012-2016; Member, Social Media Committee, 2012-2016; Editorial Advisory Board, The Champion, 2012-2016
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Board of Directors, 2017-Current; Publications Committee, 2016-Current; Lawyers Assistance Committee, 2014-Current; Amicus Committee, 2014-Current
- Pennsylvania Bar Association - Legal Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee, 2017-Current
- People’s Emergency Center - Board of Directors, 2005-2017; Vice Chair, 2014-2017
- People’s Emergency Center Foundation - Chair, 2017-Current
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Criminal Investigations
- Grand Jury
- State and Federal
- White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Super Lawyers®, 2008-2018– Selected by survey of Pennsylvania lawyers as a “Top Rated” lawyerBest Lawyers®, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2008-2018– Criminal Defense: General PracticeThe Legal Int
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.