Recognized since 2022
Raleigh, North Carolina
Administrative / Regulatory Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Elizabeth Spainhour represents media, communications, and technology companies in a variety of regulatory and business matters. She also provides counsel to businesses on key issues involving privacy, digital marketing, and the rapidly changing digital environment. Elizabeth is a Board Certified Specialist in Privacy and Information Security Law from the North Carolina Board of Legal Specialization.
With a focus on companies in the media and technology industries, Elizabeth provides comprehensive advice and strategic counsel related to mergers and acquisitions and regulatory matters involving these businesses. She has significant experience advising television and radio stations as well as digital and online businesses. Elizabeth’s extensive experience includes representing broadcast media clients before the Federal Communications Commission. She regularly counsels clients on FCC regulatory issues applicable to mass media, including political, EEO, children’s programming, contests and promotions, ownership, licensing and renewals, and online public file requirements. She routinely assists clients with critical business contracts such as network affiliation and retransmission consent agreements.
Elizabeth frequently works with digital media companies and other online businesses to provide advice and strategic counsel on privacy matters of concern. She works with clients to assess data collection and use practices and to craft responsive privacy policies. Elizabeth is a member of the Privacy and Information Security Law Specialization Committee of the North Carolina State Bar. She was one of the first attorneys in the state to receive this specialization when it launched in 2018. She also served as founding chairperson of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Privacy and Data Security Committee and is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).
- Wells Fargo Capitol Center, Suite 1700
150 Fayetteville Street
P.O. Box 1800
Raleigh, NC 27602
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., graduated 2005
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, M.A. , graduated 2002
- Dartmouth College, B.A., graduated 1995
- American Bar Association - Member
- Carolina Privacy Officials Network - Member
- Federal Communications Bar Association - Member
- International Association of Privacy Professionals - Member
- Legal Aid of North Carolina Lawyer on the Line Program - Volunteer Attorney
- NC Bar Association Privacy and Data Security Committee - Member and Past Chair
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member
- Umstead Act Unfair Competition Panel - Member
- Wake County Bar Association - Member
- Administrative / Regulatory Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Recognized in North Carolina Lawyers Weekly's "Leaders in the Law" (2019)
Recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) as a “Rising Star” in Communications (2011-2015)
- Advertising Law
- Communications Law
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Media Law
- Privacy and Data Security Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.