Elise Fialkowski has practiced immigration law for over twenty years and she handles all aspects of employment based immigration. Her clients run the gamut from multinational corporations and their employees to universities, startups, entrepreneurs and private individuals.
In addition to employment-based immigration work, Elise has particular experience in worksite enforcement and she leads our worksite compliance group. Elise regularly counsels clients regarding I-9 compliance, E-Verify and H-1B Labor Condition Application (LCA) compliance. Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Fialkowski’s practice also included advising employers in traditional employment and labor law matters, including litigation as well as advice regarding proactive action to avoid and minimize claims. With her immigration clients, she has provided counseling, training and policy development services to employers in a diversity of industries including, for example, pharmaceutical, financial, university, food and beverage, manufacturing, healthcare, e-commerce, and technology.
Her practice focuses on:
- The representation of multinational and domestic corporations, their employees and private individuals in business immigration matters before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the U.S. Department of Labor, and at U.S. Consulates.
- Assisting individuals of extraordinary ability, academic researchers, professors, international medical graduates and physicians, as well as individuals whose immigration is in the national interest in obtaining immigration benefits.
- Immigration advice and assistance to entrepreneurs, investors, and startups.
- Advice to employers regarding the Immigration Reform and Control Act including I-9 employment eligibility verification and worksite enforcement issues. Development of proactive compliance programs and immigration policies.
- Assistance with internal audits and training to ensure I-9, H-1B LCA, E-Verify and Social Security no-match compliance.
- Representation of companies facing I-9 and H-1B LCA audits and investigations.
- Adjustment of Status, Exchange Visitors, Treaty Trader and Investors, Immigrant Visas, Temporary Work Visas and Naturalization.
- Representation of universities and research centers as well as students and faculty.
Elise has long been active in the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and she currently serves as the Vice-Chair of AILA’s Global Migration Section. She has served on many other committees at the local and national level, including for example, the E-Verify Liaison Committee. A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, (B.A.1987), she received her law degree from the Villanova University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 1991).