Recognized since 2023
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Eli utilizes his background as a CPA and attorney to vigorously defend clients before the IRS and state taxing authorities. Eli is also the firm’s lead on international tax matters, which involves complex international tax compliance issues, resolving many offshore voluntary disclosures and streamlined filing compliance procedures, as well as preparing complex Passive Foreign Investment Company (PFIC) computations. He also represents clients in a significant number of tax collection matters, federal and state examinations and appeals, IRS criminal investigations, and matters before the federal and state tax courts.
Eli has been a part of Frost Law since it began. His tireless efforts in all aspects of the firm’s practice have been instrumental in fueling the firm’s success and growth.
Eli was a Legal Extern at the Internal Revenue Service Office of Chief Counsel, where he conducted legal research, analyzed cases for potential strengths and weaknesses, participated in settlement conferences, drafted proposed factual stipulations to comply with court rules, and drafted several pleadings and motions.
Eli also managed a team of accountants at the Baltimore Creating Assets Savings and Hope Campaign, a non-profit tax preparation organization, where he prepared income tax returns for moderate-income families, provided tax expertise to tax preparers, ensured quality review, and maintained the site in accordance with IRS regulations. Under Eli’s supervision, his team was awarded the Quality Tax Preparer Award for the lowest number of organization-wide rejected returns.
Eli is a graduate of the University of Maryland School of Law where he received his Juris Doctor with honors. Eli is an active member of the American Bar Association and the Maryland State Bar Association. He is admitted to practice law in the State of Maryland and is a licensed Maryland CPA. He has also been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://askfrost.com/our-team/eli-noff-tax-attorney
- 839 Bestgate Road, Suite 400
Annapolis, MD 21401
- University of Maryland
- University of Memphis
- United States, Maryland
- United States, District of Columbia
- American Bar Association Committee on Tax Collection, Bankruptcy, and Workouts - Chair
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Anne Arundel Bar Association - Member
- Collection Due Process Initiative - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association Tax Section - Associate Member
- Maryland Volunteer Legal Services - Mentor
- United States District Court of the District of Maryland
- United States Tax Court
- Federal Court of Claims
Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Super Lawyers Rising Star | 2015 - 2023
- Top Lawyers of Maryland | 2020
- Leading Lawyers | 2022 - 2023
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.