Egor specialises in tax and civil law, has in-depth knowledge of how to settle disputes involving the tax authorities, and has extensive experience representing clients before tax authorities and commercial courts, including in disputes to confirm that the tax benefit is justified.
For sixteen years Egor has been advising major Russian and foreign companies on various legal issues, including tax support of large-scale projects in the machine engineering, mining and processing industries as well as in the areas of civil, finance and administrative law.
- representing a large oil company before the Presidium of the Supreme Commercial Court in relation to the recognition of VAT deductions of the department of capital construction;
- representing a refinery before the Presidium of the Supreme Commercial Court in relation to the recognition of VAT deductions after statutory deadlines had expired;
- representing a large energy company in the commercial court in relation to a refund of income tax overpaid while making payments to foreign counterparties, after the deadline stipulated in the Russian Tax Code had expired;
- representing a large energy company in the commercial court in relation to whether a property tax benefit applied to property of major gas pipelines;
- representing a large exporting company in the commercial court in relation to calculation of customs value of goods;
- representing a large foreign car manufacturer in the commercial court in relation to creation of an income tax provision;
- representing a large foreign food manufacturer (pre-trial and at trial) in a dispute regarding expenses incurred on behalf of third parties.
What they say:
The lawyers have broad experience in tax and litigation services. The advice is based not only on legal grounds but also on practicality (Chambers Europe).