Recognized since 2008
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Corporate and Commercial Litigation
Director and Officer Liability Practice
Legal Malpractice Law
Mr. Halt graduated as the gold medal recipient from the University of Saskatchewan in 1986 and in 1988-89 he had the honour of serving as a law clerk to Madam Justice Bertha Wilson of the Supreme Court of Canada.
Following his clerkship, Mr. Halt relocated to Calgary and has since practised civil litigation, including insurance with an emphasis on professional liability, corporate commercial litigation, securities litigation, franchise litigation, insolvency, construction and product liability litigation. He has extensive experience as counsel in Alternative Dispute Resolution through mediation and arbitration and has also acted as Mediator/Facilitator.
Mr. Halt was a founding partner of Peacock Linder & Halt LLP and was awarded in Q.C. designation in 2006.
B.A. Honours (with High Honours) 1983 - University of Saskatchewan
LL.B. (with great distinction) 1986 - University of Saskatchewan
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
Queen’s Counsel Appointment, 2006
Law Society of Saskatchewan Gold Medallist, 1986
Thomas Dowrick Brown Award, 1986
To most distinguished graduate
ADMITTED TO BAR: July 9, 1987 - Saskatchewan (not presently active)
August 16, 1990 - Alberta
Law Society of Alberta
Canadian Bar Association
Calgary Bar Association
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Appellate Practice, Calgary, Canada (2023)
- Legal Malpractice Law, Calgary, Canada (2023)
- Legal Malpractice Law, Calgary, Canada (2021)
- Appellate Practice, Calgary, Canada (2020)
- Legal Malpractice Law, Calgary, Canada (2018)
- Director and Officer Liability Practice, Calgary, Canada (2016)
- Legal Malpractice Law, Calgary, Canada (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Construction Law
- Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Director and Officer Liability Practice
- Legal Malpractice Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.