Edward J. Vopal
Recognized since 2015
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Ed Vopal began his career with Habush Habush & Rottier in February 1997, after having practiced law for three years in Green Bay. In 2001, he was elected as a shareholder in the firm. He is licensed to practice law in Michigan and Wisconsin, and in the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin. Ed’s legal practice is entirely devoted to representing his clients who are injured or killed in motor vehicle collisions, motorcycle collisions, bicycle accidents, dog attacks/bites, falls, industrial accidents, and various other injury-producing cases.
Ed has achieved numerous recognitions for his trial work. He is Certified as a Civil Trial Specialist with the National Board of Trial Advocacy and has been named to the Wisconsin Super Lawyers List since 2007. Ed is included in the American Trial Lawyers Associations Top 100 Trial Lawyers and has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America for personal injury litigation since 2015. In addition, Ed is a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America and a Fellow in the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation.
Along with his legal practice, Ed has taught Trial Advocacy courses for over a decade at the University of Wisconsin Law School. These courses involve law students in their second or third year who have an interest in trial work.
Ed has authored articles and made several presentations and written articles on topics involving trial practice and civil justice. He has given presentations to local schools and driving instruction programs on various topics, including the dangers of drunk driving and distracted driving.
Ed is a past Chair of the District 14 Lawyer Regulation Committee, which operates at the discretion of the Wisconsin Office of Lawyer Regulation and the Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Ed received his undergraduate degree in English, cum laude, from Northern Michigan University in 1991. He received his Juris Doctor degree from the Valparaiso University School of Law in 1994, graduating with Senior Honors. Ed is actively involved in his community. He is a past Board Member for the Northern Michigan University Alumni Association. Ed has served on many committees for his school district. He has coached several youth sports teams. Ed enjoys spending time with his wife, Cynthia, and their three adult sons. He is an avid Wisconsin Badgers football fan.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.habush.com/attorneys/edward-j-vopal/
- 408 South Monroe Avenue
P.O. Box 22545
Green Bay, WI 54301
- Valparaiso University, J.D., graduated 1994
- Northern Michigan University, BS, graduated 1991
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Wisconsin, State Bar ow Wisconsin - Prepaid Legal Services Committee (2003)
- Wisconsin, Brown County Bar Association
- Wisconsin, American Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Fellow
- American Association for Justice - Member
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Northern Michigan University Alumni Association - Past Board Member
- Robert J. Parins Inns of Court - Honorable
- Wisconsin Association for Justice - Board of Directors 2002 - Present (President, 2012)
15 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America award
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Green Bay (2022)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- 2003 - Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- American Trial Lawyers Association - Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Best Lawyers® 2015-2020
- AVVO 10.0 Rating
- 2007- 2019 - Super Lawyer
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.