Recognized since 2005
Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Name Partner Edward D. "Ted" White is Moye White's Managing Partner, a member of the firm's Management Committee, and Co-Chair of the firm’s Advanced Energy Group.
Ted’s practice focuses on corporate transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, and financings. As a strategic partner, Ted helps clients discern opportunities and make strategic connections that add business value. He has specific experience with private capital funds and takes a leadership role in fund formation and handling portfolio acquisitions and dispositions.
Ted currently serves as Senior Counselor for a prominent investor and philanthropist’s extensive business, policy, political and philanthropic efforts. Ted is also the founder and advisory board chair for Estabrook Funds, a fund of global, multi-strategy absolute return hedge funds, one of the first of its kind in the United States.
Ted is an arbitrator for complex commercial disputes through the American Arbitration Association. He has resolved dozens of commercial claims relative to matters such as loans, securities fraud, mergers and acquisitions, professional sports contracts, and other complex business issues.
He is the author of Business Contracts (Bradford Publishing Co. 2010); Business Contracts: A Guide (Bradford Publishing Co. 2013); and Business Contracts: A Guide for Lawyers and Business Owners, 2016 Edition (CBA-CLE).
Ted has a strong record of civic leadership. He is a former Chairman of the Boettcher Foundation, one of the largest privately endowed grant-making organizations in Colorado and a former Director of Sustainability Accounting Standards Board Foundation (SASB). He serves as an officer and trustee of many community organizations, including RMI and Advanced Energy Economy Institute (AEE).
Ted is a former adjunct professor of law at the University of Colorado School of Law where he designed and taught the popular Business Transactions course. His other teaching efforts include numerous CLE courses.
Before joining Moye White, he served as President and Managing Director of the law firm Dufford & Brown, P.C.
Contact & Links
- 1400 Sixteenth Street, Sixth Floor
Denver, CO 80202-1486
- New York University , Juris Doctor, graduated 1984
- Yale University, Bachelor of Arts, graduated 1980
- Colorado, 1984
- District of Columbia, 1985
- Advanced Energy Economy - Board of Directors
- Ally Law - Former Vice President
- American Arbitration Association - Member
- Boettcher Foundation - Former Board Chairman
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Denver Bar Association - Member
- Denver Biennial of the Americas - Former Board Chairman
- District of Columbia Bar Association - Member
- Judi's House - Founding Member of the Board
- RMI - Chairman
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Acquisition Finance
- Closely-Held Businesses
- Corporate Compliance
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Family Businesses
- General Corporate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Partnership and Limited Liability
- Private Equity
- Private Funds
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV® Preeminent™ (highest)
- Colorado Super Lawyer: Business and Corporate, 2006 - 2019
- Business for the Arts Award Finalist 2011
- Denver Business Journal, Power Book Winner, (Law Category) 2014; finalist in 2010 and 2011
- Denver Business Journal, Who's Who in Energy, 2017 - 2019
- Best of the Bar, International Law & Finance, 2005
- Law Week Colorado "Barrister's Best” Mergers & Acquisitions Lawyer 2019; Private Equity Lawyer 2013 - 2018
- Denver Five Star Wealth Manager, 5280 Magazine, 2011 - 2013
- Law Week Colorado, Top Lawyer
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.