Earl E. DeBrine, Jr.
Recognized since 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Oil and Gas Law
Earl DeBrine concentrates his practice in oil and gas, railroad, product liability and commercial litigation. For over 30 years, he has represented major energy companies, railroads and manufacturers in lawsuits and negotiations ranging from preferential purchase rights and other disputes under joint operating agreements, environmental and title disputes to oilfield wrongful death claims. He also regularly advises oil and gas producers concerning development transactions and appears before the Oil Conservation Division and Commission in a variety of regulatory matters pertaining to oil and gas development. He serves as the firm’s Secretary-Treasurer, and is Chair of the Oil and Gas Practice Group and Co-Chair of the Railroad Practice Group. Earl joined Modrall Sperling in 1987 after receiving his law degree from Georgetown University Law Center.
Best Lawyers in America® has named Earl Oil and Gas Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque three times, in 2016, 2018 and 2020, and as Railroad Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque in 2014; only a single lawyer in each practice area in each community is selected Lawyer of the Year. Earl has achieved the highest rating possible from Martindale-Hubbell based on a peer review, and is among those listed in Southwest Super Lawyers®.
Earl was raised in the middle Rio Grande valley north of Socorro, New Mexico. He maintains an interest in his family’s farm in Lemitar and with his wife Joanna, owns The Capitol Bar, a historic saloon on the Socorro plaza built in 1896.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: http://www.modrall.com/eed
- 500 Fourth Street, NW, Suite 1000
P.O. Box 2168
Albuquerque, NM 87103
- Georgetown University, J.D., graduated 1987
- University of New Mexico, BBA, graduated 1984
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- New Mexico, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- New Mexico, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- New Mexico, United States Supreme Court
- American Bar Association - Section of Natural Resources, Energy and Environmental Law
- Independent Petroleum Association of New Mexico - Member
- Institute for Energy Law - Advisory Board
- National Association of Railroad Trial Counsel - Member
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation - Audit and Risk Management Committee
34 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Oil and Gas Law, Albuquerque (2020)
- Oil and Gas Law, Albuquerque (2018)
- Oil and Gas Law, Albuquerque (2016)
- Railroad Law, Albuquerque (2014)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Oil and Gas Law
- Railroad Law
- Best Lawyers in America®, in Oil & Gas Law and Railroad Law, 2007-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated
- Southwest Super Lawyers® in Energy & Natural Resources, 2007-present
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.