Recognized since 2007
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Wally Van Valkenburg is senior counsel to Stoel Rives. Since joining the firm in 1979, he has served as a trusted advisor and counsel to the firm’s clients across a wide range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, footwear and apparel, sports and entertainment, health care, gas and electric utilities, retail, educational institutions, trade associations, and wood products.
Wally’s legal practice focuses on complex transactional matters, including M&A, licensing, and commercial contracts, antitrust compliance, and privacy. Wally is certified as an Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Wally has held a number of management roles with the firm, including Portland Office Managing Partner, Technology and Intellectual Property Practice Group Leader, and Executive Committee member. He has also held several leadership roles in the business community, including serving under two governors as Chair of the Oregon Business Development Commission. Wally currently serves as a member of the Board of Trustees for Portland State University and as a trustee for the Portland State University Foundation.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.stoel.com/people/e-walter-van-valkenburg
- 760 Southwest Ninth Avenue, Suite 3000
Portland, OR 97205
- Columbia University, LL.M., graduated 1984
- Willamette University, J.D., graduated 1978
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- Portland State University - Board of Trustees
- Portland State University Foundation - Board of Trustees
- TerraLex - Director at Large
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Copyright Law, Portland, OR (2021)
- Antitrust Law, Portland, OR (2018)
- Antitrust Law, Portland, OR (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Technology Law
- Antitrust Law
- Copyright Law
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Patent Law
- Trademark Law
- Antitrust/IP Intersection
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Trade Regulation
- Trade Secrets
- Selected as one of “America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” (Oregon) by Chambers USA (Intellectual Property), 2009–2015
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.