Paige Sensenbrenner serves as the Senior Partner in Charge of the firm's New Orleans office. He joined Adams and Reese in 1987 after graduating from Loyola Law School. In recent years, most of his litigation practice has involved complex and class action litigation in a variety of matters as well as advising and representing health care providers, drug and medical device manufacturers and medical institutions.
Paige is a Fellow in the International Society of Barristers. His practice has included medical malpractice defense, pharmaceutical products defense, toxic torts, complex mass-tort litigation, governmental relations and general legal advisory work for health care entities. Before attending law school, Paige earned his B.S. in Nursing and C.C.R.N. certification. He practiced clinical nursing, primarily in critical care units at Charity Hospital in New Orleans.
His significant contributions include:
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in multiple cases alleging HIV transmission, culminating in a three-month trial in which the client was found not liable; (KDD Smith v. Bayer Pharmaceutical Co.).
- Representing a major medical center in a case alleging HIV transmission from a blood transfusion; it was dismissed following a series of motions for summary judgment; (Douglass v. Ochsner Foundation Hospital).
- Serving as general counsel to the Louisiana Cancer Research Consortium, a consortium composed of the LSU Health Sciences Center, Tulane University Health Sciences Center and Xavier University, brought together to create a NCI-designated cancer center.
- Serving as general counsel to the Louisiana Organ Procurement Agency, a nonprofit corporation, whose members include all transplant centers in the State of Louisiana.
- Several years of support and membership on the LSU Health Sciences Center Foundation Board of Directors, having served as Chairman of the Board. He also sits on the LSU System Research and Technology Foundation Board of Directors and has been a member of the LSU Neuroscience Center Advisory Committee.
Additionally, Paige served on the first board of directors of the Young Leadership Council. He has also served as Vice-Chair of the Health Education Authority of Louisiana, Vice-Chair of the New Orleans Alcoholic Beverage Control Board and Co-Chair of the New Orleans Bar Association Committee on Healthcare and Biotechnology. He was also a member of the Children’s Hospital Institutional Review Board and the GNO, Inc. Life Sciences Committee.
Paige is a frequent lecturer on legal issues within the health care industry at various medical and health care seminars. In his free time, Paige enjoys outdoor activities, hunting, fishing, biking, exercise, cooking, reading, football and civic activities. He is married to Judge Madeleine Landrieu, and they are the proud parents of four daughters.