Joe concentrates his practice in real estate, commercial and real estate finance, and corporate law. He represents a diverse cross-section of clients, including regional and national real estate development companies, senior and mezzanine lenders, and privately held organizations. He has extensive experience handling the acquisition, development, financing, leasing and disposition of large industrial, office, retail and multi-family projects.
In addition to private practice, Joe has served as Corporate Counsel to The CIT Group, Inc., one of the nation's largest commercial finance companies, and as General Counsel to Midwest Bankers Group, Inc., a healthcare specialty lender.
He has presented at a number of seminars on various real estate topics. Joe has been listed by Chambers USA as one of the leading real estate attorneys in the State of Indiana and has been has been selected for inclusion in Indiana's 2013 Super Lawyers ® list.
- Representation of commercial developer in the development and/or disposition of over 3 million square feet of office, industrial and retail properties in 9 States.
- Representation of multifamily developer in the development of multiple 200+ unit apartment properties in Indiana and Ohio, both in rural and urban settings.
- Representation of mezzanine lender in the placement of subordinate debt in numerous apartment, condominium and retail projects throughout the Midwest and Southeast.
- Representation of commercial developer in the development of office and industrial parks in Indiana, Kentucky and South Carolina.
- Representation of developer in the development of a senior assisted living facility and therapy center in northern Indiana.