Drew’s practice involves the representation of investors and private companies in connection with a broad range of corporate and business transactions, including venture capital and private equity financings, strategic acquisitions and accompanying investments, mergers and acquisitions / dispositions and general business / contract matters. Drew’s transactional experience spans a broad range of industries, including energy and oilfield services, technology, healthcare / biotechnology, manufacturing and business services.
Drew regularly represents clients in transactions involving:
- private equity, venture capital and debt financing,
- targeted strategic investments by investment limited partnerships and limited liability companies,
- mergers and acquisition transactions (including buyers and sellers in stock, asset and merger transactions),
- formation and representation of new business ventures and emerging growth companies,
- review and negotiation of commercial contracts, manufacturing and distribution agreements, master service agreements, and consulting agreements, and
- representation of private entities in general legal / business matters.
Prior to joining DMC in April 2006, Drew was a corporate securities and venture capital attorney in the Austin office of Vinson & Elkins L.L.P. Drew has been recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© (Woodward/White, Inc.) for Business Organizations (LLCs and partnerships) (2015 and 2016) and Corporate Law (2013-2017). Drew has also been selected to the Texas Rising Stars list, Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters), 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011 and 2014-2016. Drew is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Drew received his J.D. with honors from the University of Texas School of Law and his B.S. in biomedical science, magna cum laude, from Texas A&M University. Drew enjoys spending time with his wife, Kylie, daughter, Annie, son, Dane, and other family and friends. His outside interests include hunting, mountain biking, outdoor cooking and college football.