Douglas W. "Doug" Ell
Recognized since 1995
Washington, District of Columbia
Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Douglas W. Ell enjoys solving difficult problems relating to employee benefits. His creative redesign of one benefit program saved a client over $20 million each year and was recently approved by the IRS. He drafted the first 401(k) plan in professional sports.
Mr. Ell has represented a number of nationally recognized corporations, unions and multiemployer plans. He has litigated nationally with great success and persuaded Congress to make important changes in employee benefits laws. He has served as the chair of the Employee Benefits section of the D.C. Bar and has authored numerous publications on employee benefits. In each instance, Mr. Ell enjoys the challenge of taking a difficult problem and attacking it from a new perspective.
- 1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006
- University of Maryland, MA (mathematics), graduated 1973
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, BA, graduated 1971
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
17 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
3 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.