Recognized since 2007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law
Doug Vadnais has more than 30 years of transaction and litigation experience in diverse business matters, real estate, and the protection and exercise of creditors’ rights. He has represented the entire spectrum of clients from individuals to Fortune 500 companies, and brings to each a pragmatic, practical approach to problem solving, with the aim of effecting an efficient and advantageous resolution for the client. Clients include both buyers and sellers of commercial and residential real estate, persons or entities enforcing or defending contract rights, lenders extending credit and collateralizing loans, as well as enforcing and foreclosing mortgages and security interests or defending against claims of lender liability, and persons or entities embroiled in partner or shareholder relations disputes such as minority shareholder rights, valuation, dissolution, and the like. Because of his commercial litigation experience, Doug is able to anticipate potential problems and posture the client at the transactional stage to address and avoid such pitfalls; and his transaction experience facilitates his ability to litigate commercial matters.
Best Lawyers in America® selected Doug as “Lawyer of the Year” in Litigation-Bankruptcy in Albuquerque in 2017 and 2020, and “Lawyer of the Year” in Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law in Albuquerque in 2016. He has achieved an AV® rating from Martindale-Hubbell and is among those listed in Southwest Super Lawyers®. Since 1989, Doug has been a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. In addition, Doug has served as Director of the Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of New Mexico, and is a past Chair of the Board of Directors for that section.
Doug is currently the head of the firm’s Litigation Department and is chair of the Creditors Rights Practice Group. He previously chaired the firm’s Associates Committee.
- 500 Fourth Street, NW, Suite 1000
P.O. Box 2168
Albuquerque, NM 87103
- Creighton University , J.D., graduated 1980
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln, B.A., graduated 1977
- New Mexico, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- New Mexico, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member, 1989-present
- American Bar Association - Sections on Business Law, Tort & Insurance Practice, Litigation, and Real Property/Probate/Trust
- State Bar of New Mexico - Section on Bankruptcy Law, former Chair and Director
- U. S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Mexico - Local Rules Committee
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Albuquerque (2022)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Albuquerque (2020)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Albuquerque (2017)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Albuquerque (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Chapter 12
- Creditors' Rights
- Lender Liability
- Loan Documentation
- Real Estate
- Workouts and Restructurings
- Best Lawyers of America® in Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law and Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2007-present
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Southwest Super Lawyers® (derived from a lawyer survey), 2012-present
"Doug Vadnais is very responsive in any issues regarding bankruptcy law and handles every issue in a very timely, professional manner."
- John Dowling (Pinnacle Bank), Gallup, NM
"Douglas Vadnais is respected by bankruptcy judges as well as opposing counsel. He is highly experienced and has impeccable personal integrity. He is a prudent counselor, has a good sense of humor, and is balanced, with excellent personal and professional judgment."
- Gary Seaton (Seaton Consulting, LLC), Corrales, NM
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.