Recognized since 2018
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Doug LaLone is a partner at the firm. He serves as chair of the firm’s Strategic IP Practice Group which counsels start-up companies, PE, VC and IB firms on intellectual property strategies, due diligence and portfolio management concerns. Doug works on both the buy and sell side of M&A transactions.
Doug has also successfully prosecuted and defended over 100 different Intellectual Property suits in numerous federal and state courts, and appeals before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. His cases have covered patent, trademark, trade secret, unfair competition, domain name, non-compete, and copyright infringement claims. He is experienced in U.S. Customs seizure matters and negotiates licenses and release or destruction of seized counterfeit goods. The technology of these disputes covers machine processes, ecommerce, pumps, injection molding, thermoforming, fuel cells, storage systems, building designs and plans, music, artwork, manuals, software. Doug has successfully managed domain name and trademark litigation for major companies in the U.S. and abroad. He has prosecuted trademark applications and handled dozens of opposition proceedings in countries throughout the world. Doug also practices in domestic and foreign prosecution of patent applications on electromechanical and mechanical inventions, along with novelty, validity, freedom to practice investigations, licensing of technologies, and portfolio management.
Contact & Links
- 800 Tower Drive, Suite 610
Troy, MI 48098
- Purdue University, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association - Member
- Association of Corporate Growth - Past-President, Detroit Chapter
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association - Member
- Michigan Optimist Club - Member
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Patent Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.