Douglas M. Fuchs
Recognized in:Commercial LitigationCriminal Defense: White-Collar...
Law School:University of Chicago
Location:333 South Grand AvenueLos Angeles, CA 90071-3197
- Duke University , BA
- University of Chicago, J.D.
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Los Angeles (2020)
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Los Angeles (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Litigation - Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy)
- Litigation - Securities
- Represented trust company in connection with embezzlement by former employee involving an internal investigation, settlement with the victim client, federal and state civil litigation to recover embezzled funds, and dealings with regulators.
- Represented Big 4 accounting firm in lawsuit alleging intentional and negligent misrepresentation in connection with M&A transaction obtaining summary judgment for client and affirmation on appeal.
- Represented Big 4 accounting firm in lawsuit alleging malpractice relating to wealth advisory services resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented Big 4 accounting firm in lawsuit filed by former client concerning alleged defective tax strategy purchased by client.
- Represented founder of technology company in lawsuit filed by co-founder alleging breach of fiduciary duty obtaining summary judgment for client and affirmation on appeal.
- Represented company in gaming industry in investigations by California state agency and related consumer class actions resulting in favorable settlement with state agency and dismissal of all class actions.
- Represented leading ticketing company as plaintiff in lawsuit against competitor involving interference with contract and other business torts resulting in favorable settlement.
- Represented clothing retailer in federal securities class action resulting in court granting motion to dismiss.
- Represented public retail company in an SEC investigation and a parallel securities class action and shareholder derivative lawsuit. The SEC matter settled with no financial penalties, the derivative action was dismissed, and the securities class action settled on favorable terms.
- Represented public professional services firm in SEC investigation into accounting for bonus payments to employees resulting in no action being taken by SEC.
- Represented real estate investment company in SEC investigation resulting in the SEC declining to bring any enforcement action against client.
- Represented auditor at Big 4 accounting firm in SEC investigation concerning stock option backdating resulting in the SEC declining to bring any enforcement action against client.
- Represented Big 4 accounting firm in SEC investigation relating to alleged insider trading in stock of audit client.
- Represented private equity firm in investigations by DOJ, SEC and the California Attorney General concerning pay-to-play allegations in pension fund industry resulting in no action being taken against client.
- Represented health insurance company in investigation by California Attorney General into claims handling practices resulting in no action being taken against client.
- Represented investment banking firm in lawsuit brought by City Attorney alleging fraud in connection with the sale of insurance by client’s portfolio company resulting in dismissal of case on demurrer.
- Represented oil refining company in connection with Justice Department investigation relating to explosion at oil refinery involving fatalities resulting in government declining to bring charges.
- Represented large university in investigations by the New York Attorney General, the California Attorney General, the Justice Department, and Congress concerning student loan practices, resulting in no action taken against university by any regulator.
- Represented insurance adjusting firm in investigations by the Justice Department, Mississippi Attorney General, Mississippi Department of Insurance and Congress, and a related qui tam action, into the handling of insurance claims following Hurricane Katrina resulting in no action taken against company and dismissal of the qui tam action.
- Represented ex-CFO of gaming company in connection with FCPA investigations by Justice Department and SEC resulting in no action being taken against client.
- Represented Chinese-American professor in economic espionage investigation by United States Attorney’s Office resulting in no charges being brought.
- Represented real estate investor in investigation by Justice Department into disturbance of wetlands resulting in no charges being brought.
- Represented aircraft parts manufacturer in Justice Department investigation resulting in the government declining to bring civil or criminal charges and qui tam plaintiff abandoning False Claims Act case.
- Represented individual after he had already been indicted by the Justice Department for making illegal campaign contributions and obtained a non-custodial sentence over the government's objection.
- Represented individual in DOJ Antitrust Division investigation into price-fixing in auto lights industry resulting in client obtaining non-custodial sentence over government’s objection.
- Represented individual in payola investigation by Justice Department resulting in no charges being brought against client.
- Represented individual in Justice Department investigation concerning alleged improper receipt of government benefits resulting in DOJ taking no action against client.
- Represented securities firm in DOJ Antitrust Division investigation into alleged anti-competitive practices in the underwriting of municipal bonds resulting in no action being taken against firm.
- Represented college official in investigation by District Attorney’s Office into conflicts of interest resulting in no charges being brought.
- Represented CEO of non-profit in investigation by United States Attorney’s Office into alleged embezzlement resulting in government declining to take any action against client.
- Represented owner of pharmacy in drug diversion investigation by U.S. Attorney’s Office and DEA resulting in no charges against client.
- Represented Big 4 accounting firm in state and federal criminal investigations relating to alleged improper conduct by employees of audit client.
Avenue Louise 480
32 2 554 7000
Rua Funchal, 418, 35° andar
São Paulo 04551-060
55 11 3521 7160
Unit 1301, Tower One, China Central Place
No. 81 Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District
86 10 6502 8500
166, rue du faubourg Saint-Honoré
33 1 56 43 13 00
49 69 247 411 500
49 89 189 33 0
32/F, Gloucester Tower
15 Queen's Road Central
852 2214 3700
One Raffles Quay
Level #37-01, North Tower
65 6507 3600
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates
Dubai International Finance Centre, Building Five, Level Four
P.O. Box 506654
United Arab Emirates
971 (0)4 318 4600
2-4 Temple Avenue
London EC4Y 0HB
44 20 7071 4000
3161 Michelson Drive
Irvine, CA 92612-4412
2029 Century Park East, Suite 4000
Los Angeles, CA 90067-3026
1881 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304-1211
555 Mission Street, Suite 3000
San Francisco, CA 94105-0921
1801 California Street, Suite 4200
Denver, CO 80202-2642
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
1050 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036-5306
200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10166-0193
2100 McKinney Avenue, Suite 1100
Dallas, TX 75201-6912